Oct 2014, Power WA passed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yccyccy

Reaction score
Got email and found that I passed.

This is what I wrote before in another thread, hope it help a little bit. Thanks to the engineer boards for lots of invaluable information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time exam taker. Started to prepare for the exam from beginning of September, after kids back to school from crazy summer. Skimmed through EERM (borrowed from coworker who took test long time ago) and did NCEES/CI twice. no review course.

At test, saw other people have recent Power Reference Manual from PPI first time and wish I had one. I only printed out table of content of NESC and hope I have brought the whole code. That is a easy point to lose.

Totally astonished by the contents for the exam, the CI practice exam is not even close to the real test. How should we know what to prepare? Finished first round of morning test in 2 hours and did it again in the remaining 2 hours, find some easy miss points. In the afternoon, finished first round in 2.5 hours and reviewed the answers in the remaining time. Quite a lot of guess on questions have no clue at all. Hope I can reach the pass score.

If I need to take it again, will put more time on the motors and generators.

Congratulations!

So it sounds like even though the test wasn't like the CI practice exams at all, working through those problems did help you after all.

Yes, it did help in some way. Although it is much simpler than the real test.

If I need to take it again, I probably should spent more time on the theories behind motors and generators, since they are my weakness point, and you have to understand the principle to solve some questions in the test, not just calculation.

Just donate to be the supporting member, thanks EB.com.

Congratulations!

So it sounds like even though the test wasn't like the CI practice exams at all, working through those problems did help you after all.

I failed... :( Those who passed it this time, can you please share any ideas/references that helped you with design type problems?

Georgia Tech- Electrical Engineering Preparation course was a big help to me .National electrical code online courses helped me to answer the NEC related questions as well.If you didn't pass it this time, I would look into online courses on rotating Machinery,Power calculations ,and any new technology(Ie. micro grids, and LED lighting).

Good Luck

Sincerely,

Joe A. Golgiri

Back