NYS PE Application --How long should I expect to wait to hear if I have been accepted to take the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjeng963

Reaction score
I sent my application out at the end of March. I called last week to make sure they have everything they need (I was worried about one of my endorsers returning in time for the deadline) and they said they have all necessary forms.

I am wondering for those who have already received confirmation that they can take the October PE, how long elapsed between your application being submitted and receiving notice?

Thanks!

I can't answer your question directly.

I send my app in for Mid October and heard from NY state in Jan (maybe Feb). This was for the April test.

I submitted mine like 2 days before it was due in NY, and I received the letter 2 weeks later, so it took them about 10 days.

I took the exam in Vermont, and there were several people there from NY. That board is notoriously slow. I applied by comity here and it took them 9 months to turn it around.

Back