NY EI Certificate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsw166

Reaction score
I passed the fe back in February & I just found out today that since I don't have a bachelors degree that I won't be receiving a certificate. Has anyone else encountered this?

Did you do the exam in NY?? How did you get through the registration process without the bachelors degree - was it through experience?

Pretty sure that a bachelor's degree is mandatory in order to ascertain the title, Engineer in Training. Some people can take and pass the exam without graduating yet, but upon graduation will receive their cert. Some schools require that you at least sit for the exam prior to graduating. That being the case, it is not mandatory to graduate first.

I have an ABET accredited associate degree in engineering technology so I had to have 3 years work experience in addition to my degree. The NY board approved me to sit for the exam but I found out after passing that since I don't have a bachelors I won't get a certificate. I have also tried to get some kind of verification for my employer but the board will only send it to other state boards. So it really seems to be a waste of effort, time & money so far.

It's a similar situation to those who take EIT before finishing their bachelors, the state won't issue you a # until you graduate...

Good Luck

Back