NVRM Lindeburg topics very confusing . . help!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daywalker

Reaction score
Hello all

i dont know how many many people who have passed that stuck around here could help me out. I stated to review the Lindeburg ENVRM to get an idea of what to study. I decided to start with one of my strong points, namely wastewater. After, determining by lindeburgs breakdown that wastewater and hydraulogy is about 35 percent of the exam I began to study. What I found was mass confustion. After reviewing the breakdown again of the exam: Waste water, solidwaste, hydrogology, H &S and air pollution control I went back to the ENVRM. What I am wondering, and maybe someone can clear this up for me, but this book is just slightly broken down into these specific topics. What I found was an eniormous math section, fluid mechanics (dynamics and statistics), thernodynamics and a whole host of other topics I studied for the EIT exam. The book looks more like a glorified EIT manual than a concentration specific study guide for the environmtnal pe. What is up with this. I know that some of these subjects are the basis for the exam but WTF? Shouldnt this text be primarially covering the topics on the exam not topics covered for the last exam? Can somone set me straight. I dont want to review fluids and thermo again if I dont have to. Are there basic fluid and thermo problems on the exam?

Thanks

confused :sharkattack:

Read through some of the other topics in this forum and you will find a lot of good advice. In short, you don't need to study the math and thermo and HVAC. It is just there for you to reference if you need a refresher. Start on the exam topics and stick to them only. If you find that you are rusty on statistics or whatever, then you can go back and study from that chapter.

Read through some of the other topics in this forum and you will find a lot of good advice. In short, you don't need to study the math and thermo and HVAC. It is just there for you to reference if you need a refresher. Start on the exam topics and stick to them only. If you find that you are rusty on statistics or whatever, then you can go back and study from that chapter.
So what your saying, is those extra chapters are just reference not actually on the exam. Well you made my day Dleg. I have been through a few, but any posts that you would recommend?

See the old thread I just bumped up near the top. I also put out a request for others to nominate threads.

Good luck!

You do need to know where to find some basic HVAC information. This topic could show up on the exam, but will probably be very basic. I also found some useful tables and info in what you refer to as the EIT section, especially with regard to industrial hygiene/toxicology.

Back