NJ Minimum Passing Score Revealed for FE and PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always thought the min score to pass was 70%.  I thought the variable was how many questions are used to evaluate that, and which ones.  Is that not always the issue at question?  Do they not bell curve it so the top score from any test determines 100% and throw out questions that only a handful get correct, because they are a statistical anomaly?  Obviously I have no idea.  But you'd think with a test like this, the test takers should have some idea how it works.
NCEES does not know how to draw a bell curve and analyze it  :) They know numbers and how to convert them into percentages. I agree with hjg7715.  I do not think they ever raise the pass score above 70%. But, it may go down a few percentages to favor the test takes based on the level of difficulty. I also think they throw out the questions with anomalies (the hardest and the confused one; and the easiest one that might have been compromised).

Latest posts

Back