Nice Hydraulics Table Reference Book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy!

Reaction score
I'm gearing up for Round II of the Civil WR exam. I have a nice reference book that I didn't delve into nor took to the exam the first time; but having used it for the past two weeks I've found it to be an excellent reference book and will occupy a place of prominence on my exam desk come October.

It's titled "Hydraulic Tables", published by the War Department/Corps of Engineers (Second Edition, 1944). For you youngsters, the War Department is now known as the Department of Defense.

It's chock full of trapezoidal channel data, from 1/4:1 slope to 4:1 slope in 1/4 increments. It also has hydraulic jump data for rectangular channels and tables for finding velocity given slope and hydraulic radius.

I'm gearing up for Round II of the Civil WR exam. I have a nice reference book that I didn't delve into nor took to the exam the first time; but having used it for the past two weeks I've found it to be an excellent reference book and will occupy a place of prominence on my exam desk come October.
It's titled "Hydraulic Tables", published by the War Department/Corps of Engineers (Second Edition, 1944). For you youngsters, the War Department is now known as the Department of Defense.

It's chock full of trapezoidal channel data, from 1/4:1 slope to 4:1 slope in 1/4 increments. It also has hydraulic jump data for rectangular channels and tables for finding velocity given slope and hydraulic radius.
OK... so are you going to share it?!? Scan the sucker in an put it on PE Notes!

Crud, it's something like 350-400 pages in about 8 point font. That's some serious scanning.

Latest posts

Back