New York State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I understand it, New York results will be around a week or two after NCEES releases the results, unless they changed policy. NCEES posted results for FE on the 7th and I haven't heard any pass/fail with NY as a state yet.
Someone from NY over on the FE forum said they got their results yesterday.

http://engineerboard...showtopic=20402
yeah, I saw that. Maybe we will hear sooner than I thought. But who knows really, they can post whenever they want since they don't have NCEES post automatically.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm

# 091549 issued today

First one recently issued that is a resident of NY. All the others have been out of state addresses.

So, question is, did this person have PE in other state and recently moved to NY, or is it a sign the results will be released soon on www.NCEES.org?
i looked up people I work with who passed last round and the dates they were uploaded from the system were later than they told me they found out, i think this is done after NCEES posts the results and probably after NYS releases them, but not 100% sure.

As much as I like to see people get their hopes up, the licenses won't be issued until after you get the results for NY. The good thing is they aren't holding the results until they update the system. The bad thing is you aren't technically a PE until they do.

Actually, that is a good point. So, with that said, I am glad they release the results before issuing the actual PE #. I am to the point of.....

just want to know that I passed (last time I was 50/50 feeling, this time I am 80/20 passing feeling favored).

It was more than a month after I found out I passed from the NCEES website before I was listed with a license number. I think it was more like 6 weeks, actually. Definitely don't hold your breath checking there.

I set up an SMS alert for "NCEES" with my Gmail account so I'd know immediately when the email arrived without having to worry every time I got a regular email. It took a lot of the stress out of waiting for me. That time between reading the text and logging into the NCEES website was the longest 30 seconds of my life though!

It was more than a month after I found out I passed from the NCEES website before I was listed with a license number. I think it was more like 6 weeks, actually. Definitely don't hold your breath checking there.

I set up an SMS alert for "NCEES" with my Gmail account so I'd know immediately when the email arrived without having to worry every time I got a regular email. It took a lot of the stress out of waiting for me. That time between reading the text and logging into the NCEES website was the longest 30 seconds of my life though!
will do thanks!! great idea!!

I did this too. It has differently helped me not get anxious everytime I have a new email.

haha have fun with the NCEES alert. i still waiting on my email..... since july hahaha.
Huh, I definitely got mine right away. Well, everyone waiting should combine the SMS alert with obsessive checking of EB and they'll find out somehow!

If its like Washington state you can search for licenced p.e's by name. Try it!

If its like Washington state you can search for licenced p.e's by name. Try it!
or to se eif the state had started to issue new PE's, just keep counting one number up from the previous noted numbers

I emailed the state looking for an update & got the message below:

The engineering exam results are expected to be released to your NCEES account next week.
The waiting stinks, but at least there is a light at the end of hte tunnel.

we might get the results tomorrow ... hear me out: the FE was released on Friday Dec 7 and NY peeps got there results on Monday Dec 10 ... sooooooo maybe tomorrow?? (In time for the weekend) :)

Back