New Practice Exam (Breadth) by Indranil Goswami

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone confirm that Problem AM005 has a typo? The load is 12000 pounds in the problem statement and not 20000 pounds as per what is shown in the solution.

Some of these problems are quite frustrating. I was working on that problem for over 15 minutes, thinking it should be easy, trying to figure out how I was not getting the right answer, so I had to look at the solution, and am pretty sure there is a typo.

I found the first 2 structures problems difficult, and the vibratory plate question was a toss up between SP and SM. I'm only halfway through the test now.
JGipe I agree with your assessment that AM005 has a mistake in the problem statement/solution. The problem statement uses 12kip for the weight and the solution & possible answers are solved using a weight = 20kip. I was stuck on that one for a while as well!

Can this booklet be brought into the exam? Or does it have to photocopied and put in a 3-ring binder?
I brought mine in as-is this last April and it was on the desk. But honestly, at some point I got worried because I didn't really check if solution manuals were allowed. I still don't know the answer to that. But none of the proctors said anything. Our proctors were a group of grandmas though. They let a number of people get away with things that were clearly not allowed. So whether or not bringing the booklet was allowed, I'm not sure. If I had to do it again, I'd ask the board/ncees and see what they say. Getting kicked out would have sucked.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back