New PE Civil exam specifications

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. As an environmental PE, that is - it looks like they removed some of the stuff that was in the old civil-enviro depth? If so, that makes my straight enviro (non-civil) PE a little more worthwhile... it covered everything in the new civil/enviro depth, plus a lot more.

At first glance, the exam breakdowns seem like they are harder, but I think the good thing is that they have evolved some of the areas to more current issues in engineering (Construction - OSHA) and they are much more specific regarding what appears to be in a section (actually the new AM Geotech seems pretty close to the previous AM Geotech, just reorganized).

I remember studying and hitting a few topics and saying WTF could they possibly be including in a particular topic. I guess we'll see what everyone thinks about how they have restructured the the depth & breadth specifications as the April '08 group starts to study.

-Ray

I think it is good that the construction module is finally up. It will be interesting to see how many people choose that for their afternoon in-depth. I just sat for water resources, but I would have been a much better fit for construction. ohh well hopefully I passed and don't have to think about it.

Back