New NCEES POWER PROBLEM 537

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcreit

Reaction score
Can someone please explain this to me:

1. A transmissioin line open at the end is equivalent to an increase in the radius of the conductor (rc).

2. I know from the formula for C, that increase in denominator (rc) will increase capacitance c. Then Xc will decrease;from

Xc= 1/(2 x 3.14 x f x c). With lesser Xc we get more current. However, the solution explains it otherwire. What am I missing?

Can someone please explain this to me:
1. A transmissioin line open at the end is equivalent to an increase in the radius of the conductor (rc).

2. I know from the formula for C, that increase in denominator (rc) will increase capacitance c. Then Xc will decrease;from

Xc= 1/(2 x 3.14 x f x c). With lesser Xc we get more current. However, the solution explains it otherwire. What am I missing?

Yes, I think you are right, the increase in rc will increase the C, and increase the current. the solution is wrong.

but the answer is correct, because current is not proportional to rc, they are not linear. say if the rc increase by 50%, current will not increase the same amount.

Latest posts

Back