NESC 2012 or NESC 2007

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judowolf PE

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I have both books. I assume that the April 2012 exam will be over the NESC 2007 and not the 2012, but I thought I might ask since it is still early...

I didn't see the use for that book in the October 11 exam, but you never know, it might be needed for the April 12 exam.

They changed the exam to include the NEC 2011, so I am taking the NESC 2012 as a reference,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all PE exams use the most recent codes of the previous years. So anything that came out in 2011 would be used on this year's exams, but anything that comes out in 2012 won't be used until next year. I would expect the 2007 NESC to be used.

I believe that is why the NEC 2011 wasn't used last year, it has to be in effect for a year before the test uses it...I think the NESC 2007 will be used on the test, but I wasn't completely sure and thus why I asked the group. I haven't found that in writing on anything offical yet, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere...

Back