Need some advice for the Seismic Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaXY

Reaction score
Some questions may have been answered already but not sure if the old answers still apply up to this day.

Just wanted to ask if it is allowed to bring my customed cheat sheet during the exam for a more efficient way of finding stuff. Is this allowed or pdf is now provided during the exam?

What are your thoughts on taking review classes versus buying workbooks from either Hiner's or AEI?

Thanks in advance

Some questions may have been answered already but not sure if the old answers still apply up to this day.

Just wanted to ask if it is allowed to bring my customed cheat sheet during the exam for a more efficient way of finding stuff. Is this allowed or pdf is now provided during the exam?

What are your thoughts on taking review classes versus buying workbooks from either Hiner's or AEI?

Thanks in advance
You are allowed to bring your own materials for the seismic exam as long as it's bounded and not loose-leaf paper, the test doesn't provide any PDFs for you. I would highly recommend making/bringing a cheat sheet to help with your efficiency.

If you dont have a seismic background, I would recommend a review course. I'm not and I took AEI and was able to pass on my first attempt and did everything according to the course. I liked AEI because I didn't need any extra resources, the workbook was everything I needed except for a couple PDFs that I had to print that AEI provides you and just put them in a small binder with my cheat sheets.

Back