NEC code

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zpf, normally, I'd say you wouldn't be making a mistake. But in my QUICK time studying for the test, I've already seen a few sample questions that apply directly to the 2011 NEC.

The 2011 version's major changes involve AFCI receptacles (and other receptacle issues) an electrodes/grounding.

If you could gather all the changes from 2008 -> 2011 and have it with you, you might be fine. But in all honesty, if you use 2008 for work you'll end up needing 2011. That said, your work should pay for it.

The code can be intimidating if you've never used it before. Articles 250 and 310 are very important, but they can ask questions on any subject they want. October's exam asked some pecular questions. Try to understand how to use the index in the back. That is probably the best advice I can offer. Good luck!
How do you compare the october exam with the previous exams? it was extremely hard for me. I was prett well prepared on CI, SU, and NCEES and GT review course but the exam was multiple times harder than these sources. Well my questions is the exam in October was "really" hard or its just me who found it to be harder? Thanks in advance

Back