NCEES SII Problem 250

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE9999

Reaction score
on page 54, at the bottom of the page, in the calc for Pe2: where does the 18 come from? is the # of columns?

Last edited by a moderator:
on page 54, at the bottom of the page, in the calc for Pe2: where does the 18 come from? is the # of columns?
yes, it is the summation of euler buckling load of all columns. It happens, in this example, the euler buckling loads are all the same. btw, can't trust much on the solutions, I found there are numerous errors, especially sample question 450. Good luck!!

yes, it is the summation of euler buckling load of all columns. It happens, in this example, the euler buckling loads are all the same. btw, can't trust much on the solutions, I found there are numerous errors, especially sample question 450. Good luck!!
Speaking about the errors in problem 250

Is the load combination to determine the design loads for the connection design (part c) is correct? It looks wrong to me either in ASD or LRFD.

Problem 460

Why the solution considered the diaphragm as ONE simple beam instead of two simple beams at Grid C??

In my opinion, problem 450 has the least errors among the 4 problems.

Back