NCEES Sample Questions/Solutions (Enviornmental)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NGD

Reaction score
Hi All,

I wanted to inquire if it would be a good idea in utilizing the NCEES Sample Questions/Solutions (Environmental PE) to prep for the depth module towards the civil PE (WR/ENV); or does this text go much more in depth than needed given that it is geared towards the Environmental PE?

Thanks, Nick

Hi All,
I wanted to inquire if it would be a good idea in utilizing the NCEES Sample Questions/Solutions (Environmental PE) to prep for the depth module towards the civil PE (WR/ENV); or does this text go much more in depth than needed given that it is geared towards the Environmental PE?

Thanks, Nick
Yes, it would be helpfull. I did use it (I posted somewhere what worked for me). Not all the subjects will be relevant like air pollutions that won't be covered in civil PE, you can skip those ones. But if you have money to put and could get it I would recomend the OLD NCEES sample that has ENV depth, and WR depth separately. If you can understand those the new WR/ENV module is easier than those individual, at least for me. My impresseion for the new module is that when they combined the ENV and WR together the ENV is actually easier than what you find in the previous NCEES sample. JMO and my advice is based on just seeing ONE sample, the April 08 exam, so it may change from exam to exam...

Good luck

I would add my concurrence as well. I used the document as a supplement to problems throwing out obvious things that would not be on the exam (risk assessment, air pollution, etc.).

JR

Are you all talking about the Old NCEES Civil Sample questions/solutions that has both WR and ENV depth questions (exam specs effective Oct 2000), or the NCEES Environmental only questions/solutions? I have the Old Civil and New Civil NCEES, but am wondering if I need to do a quick order for the old Env only. Thanks.

I was referring to the NCESS Sample Exam for Environmental (stand alone) PE exam. I haven't seen any of the newer materials NCEES has put out since respecifying the exam, so I can't comment intelligently about how to approach those materials.

Best of luck on the exam!

JR

Back