NCEES PRACTICE TEST

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, i'm just playing anyhow...i'll shoot for the 100% realizing it won't happen.
Chavez,

My point is this... I think it's perfectly prudent to enter the test *KNOWING* there are some problems you won't be able to answer. I'm not sure what is analogous to ME, but for CE I think culverts are a good example. I didn't spend more than five minutes learning how to answer a culvert problem. Instead, I spent my time on better returns. So what that I didn't answer the single culvert problem? It would have taken me at least ten minutes, which I instead used to answer two other problems.

So don't stress if you're not at 100%. Hell, don't even shoot for 100%!

Chavez,
My point is this... I think it's perfectly prudent to enter the test *KNOWING* there are some problems you won't be able to answer. I'm not sure what is analogous to ME, but for CE I think culverts are a good example. I didn't spend more than five minutes learning how to answer a culvert problem. Instead, I spent my time on better returns. So what that I didn't answer the single culvert problem? It would have taken me at least ten minutes, which I instead used to answer two other problems.

So don't stress if you're not at 100%. Hell, don't even shoot for 100%!
gotcha...reality is i'm just shooting to make the best score i can...everyrthing else will take care of itself...and by no means am i wasting time on crap I think won't be covered, or even if it's low probability. I'm primariliy making sure i have a good handle on concepts and where to locate equations that i might need.

I got 32/40 in the morning section and 30/40 on the afternoon section. That puts me in the 'I passed' section.

I ain't getting cocky about it, though. My performance was no blowout.

Is everyone assuming that ~70% on the exam is passing based on the statement that an adjusted score of 70 is what they use as a criteria?

I took the exam this past weekend and got:

Morning 36/40

Afternoon 30/40 Thermo / Fluids

I feel pretty good about this, but had hoped for a better showing on the PM. But I'm pretty sure this would have been enough to pass

Back