Ncees Pencil April 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's the price you pay if you go with the lowest bidder. Ncees is probably learning the hard way...

It could be worse. You could take tests 6.5 years apart and get the same color pencil. #engineerproblems

The lack of color creativity is humorous...
FE in spring 2005: green pencil, passed

PE in fall 2013: red pencil, failed

PE in fall 2014: green pencil, passed

Same color pencils (especially green) are a good thing.

I have regrets in this area, now that I found out I passed the April exam.

At the end of the April 13th exam, I was so focused on not doing anything to raise the ire of those running the test room (which took place in Flushing Queens, New York in my case), that as I was leaving and thinking about taking that mechanical pencil I used throughout the exam, however decided to ask the proctor prior to doing so.  The 'early twenties' proctor said, "Oh, yes I need to take that", so I handed it to her :(

She's probably selling it on Ebay right now.

I have regrets in this area, now that I found out I passed the April exam.

At the end of the April 13th exam, I was so focused on not doing anything to raise the ire of those running the test room (which took place in Flushing Queens, New York in my case), that as I was leaving and thinking about taking that mechanical pencil I used throughout the exam, however decided to ask the proctor prior to doing so.  The 'early twenties' proctor said, "Oh, yes I need to take that", so I handed it to her :(

She's probably selling it on Ebay right now.
Do you really want it? I share no emotional attachment with mine. So... I’m ready to part with it if it f nds a caring home:)

Do you really want it? I share no emotional attachment with mine. So... I’m ready to part with it if it f nds a caring home:)
Thanks so much for the offer.  As it turns out I, I contacted Castle Worldwide (the test administrators for New York City, and they are sending me one free of charge.  I truly appreciate the offer :)

Back