NCEES April 2012 Registration

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palvarez83

Project Engineer
Reaction score
When does this open? I was trying to register for some exams and it says that it has not opened! Deadline for california registration is decmeber 5th. They sure are waiting until the last moment!

Deadline for sending application in, i guess in dec 5 for firt time applicants

For online registration will be untill february or march.

Double check this.

Palverez83,

As darius mentioned, the December 5th date is the final filing date for new applications at the California Board. The Board expects NCEES to open exam registration for the April 2012 exams in mid December. According to this link: http://www.ncees.org/Exams.php, NCEES is currently stating that registration will open on December 15, 2011.

If you intend to submit a new application, please submit that by the published final filing date.

Last year the deadline was December 17th, after NCEES registration had opened and you had to included your proof of registration in your application package. This year it got pushed up to December 5th, before the registration has opened, however, according to the following link you still then have to mail proof of registration to the board postmarked by January 23rd:

http://www.pels.ca.g...formation.shtml

In years before NCEES registration was required, the deadline was early January. What is the logic for the complications here California? Secure all the fees for the 2011 fiscal year but allow applicants the full time to register?

Last edited by a moderator:
In MO you have to be approved to take the exam by the Registration Board before you can enroll to take the exam. The deadline is Dec 1 to file and then you receive a notice from the board a few weeks later that you can now enroll to take the exam.

There's currently an IT glitch with the final step of the NCEES exam registration process for those applying for the California exams.

After you submit your exam registration online, there's a window that says "click here" and should redirect you to a exam summary form that you then need to mail to the California board. However, due to some glitch, the redirect doesn't work.

I called NCEES today, they said they are working on fixing the glitch and will hopefully have it fixed next week.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is having similar issues in printing that final pdf which you're supposed to submit to the CA board.

I already submitted my application to the CA board before the December 5th deadline. Now I am registereding on to the NCEES site for Civil - Construction Exam. Since I am in CA I will also do the seismic & surveying exams. The following are my (relevant) choices on the drop down tab:

-NCEES PE

-California State - Specific Only

My question is, if I select the first option, will it automatically sign me up for state specific, or do I have to do it a second time and select the second option then?

Thanks in advance.

palvarez83,

You need to register for each exam that you intend to sit for. You are correct that for Civil, you need to pass the two state exams as well. You can log back in and add the other exams. You will need to add the California Civil Seismic Principles and the California Civil Engineering Surveying, both under the State Specific choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
palvarez83, You need to register for each exam that you intend to sit for. You are correct that for Civil, you need to pass the two state exams as well. You can log back in and add the other exams. You will need to add the California Civil Seismic Principles and the California Civil Engineering Surveying, both under the State Specific choices.
Thank you very much! I was able to do it. :)

Back