NCEES 519 Fourier Series

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't start out with a 2 in the numerator, that's why I can't get it to work out. ????
Maybe your formula is wrong. I think the terms should be in the form sin(2*n*pi*f*t).

Anyway, I can't read Grosbeck's sheet but it's probably in there. I can't get it to enlarge and I guess my eyes are bad.

I'm afraid I completely confused things because I believed that link I sent you. I should have trusted my first impulse and/or just waited for GB to post his solution. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I see from math in your example that it was the radian scale that was screwing me. The cheat sheet I printed for my notes made no mention of the radian scale. I will say though, that I was missing some pieces of the whole Fourier aspect, so this helps tremendously. I'm confident I can go into the exam and nail the Fourier stuff. Thanks everyone, I really apprecate all your time and work. This board is awesome! :thankyou:

I'm sure I'll have more between now and April 8! Thanks again!

Well, I see from math in your example that it was the radian scale that was screwing me. The cheat sheet I printed for my notes made no mention of the radian scale. I will say though, that I was missing some pieces of the whole Fourier aspect, so this helps tremendously. I'm confident I can go into the exam and nail the Fourier stuff. Thanks everyone, I really apprecate all your time and work. This board is awesome! :thankyou:
I'm sure I'll have more between now and April 8! Thanks again!
Man, April 8th? That seems pretty early. When I took the FE it was like April 21st, which means the PE was the 20th. At least then you'll get the results by early June or so and won't lose much of the summer to exam result anxiety. Getting your PEness in early summer would be awesome!

BTW, has engineerboards.com ever considered running an FTP server with worked out problems and topic explanations? Hell, just scan the documents and load them into an open source photo gallery like Coppermine. I guess the only draw back is the expense of adding more server space, assuming engineerboards is paying a 3rd party to host. As long as the problems weren't taken directly from exams or copyrighted material it should be ok, maybe have someone from NCEES take a look and see if everything is kosher. I would have loved to have had something like this for antenna theory, transmission lines and, well, anything RF related.

Yeah, it is early, but like you said at least I get the results sooner. Hopefully I have enough time to complete my studying. I didnt' expect to be working this Fourier problem for 4 days!!

I would agree, a place to organize worked problems and such would be great. I know for a fact that I won't pass this exam without the help from the folks from this board, so its very valuable for me!

Back