NC State Videos

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jritter58

Reaction score
If I get everything mastered in the NC State review plus the NCEES practice book, can I feel that I am prepared? I have boatloads of the recommended references and I have practiced hunting for the obscure. I plan to keep reading and working problems till the day before the exam. I feel like NC State does a good job but the are shy in some areas. For those who used the DVDs am I wrong?

I haven't used DVDs, but it sounds like you are pretty well prepared.

Have you attempted a timed practice exam yet? I would try to get one in this week or next (is the exam at the end of April? :p ) It's a good way to get a feel for the pressure & time crunch you will be under. I did the first of the practice exams in the Schneiter sample exams book under timed conditions. It wasn't organized exactly like the real exam, but as far as time & pressure goes, it was spot-on. For me, that was an extremely valuable exercise.

OK I will do that. I need to order the exam book. I have already been through the NCEES about three times now!

OK I will do that. I need to order the exam book. I have already been through the NCEES about three times now!
Kudos to you, it sounds like you are very prepared!! I heard good things about the NC State DVDs too. If you're ready and have time to do a sit-down, timed version, go ahead and do it so you can figure out your weak areas. If it's too overwhelming, do a few 4 hour sessions first, and work your way up to a full 8 hour timed practice exam.

As for me, I'm still in study mode and learning lots... I haven't even touched the Safety/Health/Rad/OSHA stuff and still have a lot of reviewing to do.

Back