NC State DVDs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTjoy

Reaction score
I saw some people mention the NC State instructional DVDs. Has anyone used these recently? How useful were they?

Also, anyone selling them? I saw a couple on Ebay for cheaper but I just want to know if it's even worth it. At this point it seems the best thing to do is to work tons of practice problems.

I saw some people mention the NC State instructional DVDs. Has anyone used these recently? How useful were they?
Also, anyone selling them? I saw a couple on Ebay for cheaper but I just want to know if it's even worth it. At this point it seems the best thing to do is to work tons of practice problems.
I purchased these from another user of this board. So far I am finding that it is helping me focus my studying. I was tending to get bogged down in simple stuff before. Also, I live in an area where review classes are not provided, so this was the next best option for me. You are correct that doing as many problems as you can is the best stratergy, but I am finding the DVDs helpful. If you can score them on eBay for $100 or a little more, DEFINITELY get them!

I purchased these from another user of this board. So far I am finding that it is helping me focus my studying. I was tending to get bogged down in simple stuff before. Also, I live in an area where review classes are not provided, so this was the next best option for me. You are correct that doing as many problems as you can is the best stratergy, but I am finding the DVDs helpful. If you can score them on eBay for $100 or a little more, DEFINITELY get them!
OK thanks for the tip - I'll seriously consider it then. I do have classes near me, but $1400 is a little tough to stomach (plus the $400 or so I've already spent on books!).

OK thanks for the tip - I'll seriously consider it then. I do have classes near me, but $1400 is a little tough to stomach (plus the $400 or so I've already spent on books!).
I hear ya! When bidding, make sure that the class notes come with the DVDs. Each session has a printed set of the Powerpoint presentations. At worst, one of the DVDs included for each session has the class notes on it, and you'll have to print it. Overall, I think you would end up using a ton of ink and paper trying to print them all, and then bind them. However, in the grand sheme of things, if that is what you have to do, do it! Do all that you feel you need to to nail this thing!

Back