NASCC: The Steel Conference

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now decided I'm going to vegas April 23-26 so I won't be attending. Maybe next year, we can exchange business cards with our fancy SE letters.
Bwwwhahaha.... hey 1994 called they want their shoulder pads, rolodex, pagers, and business cards back.  I ordered business cards once, I ended up using them as shims for some kitchen appliances.    

You're not going for real? Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies. 

JK, have fun!  

lol.jpg

We still hand out cards at meetings. And strip clubs. Make it rain, etc. 

I need that suit. 

I love when people start doing the B-card swap before a meeting, and I just sit there like a kid that didn't bring Valentine's day cards to class.

I like to use mine as an FYI I have your license too. Not as a control thing, but as an I appreciate design and **** thing 

My new company has a pretty strict budget on educational training type things, so I'll probably never go. Boo!

Don't worry, you are forgetting about how much free booze will be at that conference.

Hahahahah you're right!!! 

Plus I need to refresh my supply of:

1. Hard hat shaped stress ball

2. And logo pens

3. Hope someone has mini scales

4. Looking for anyone with an actual hardcopy of a catalog, you'll win my heart and business,  you make me go online then I'm deleting you from my spec

5. Lanyards, key chains, carabiners!!

I just got pumped up again for SWAG! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a good idea of what I'll be doing but I will fully admit that I may change things around at the last minute.

The free stuff on the trade show floor is REALLY good. Last year, I got a USB power bank, a VR headset for your phone, and a few SS straws. 

It's going to be a mini EB meetup! Received written approval about 30 minutes ago and have already registered and booked the hotel / flights. Now if this superbug doesn't shut down Atlanta (or any of the airlines), I'll be there.

Now to go back through the schedule and maximize the PDH's while thinking about getting the SWAG home. I'm betting that there will be quite a bit of hand sanitizers this year, I think I left with a dozen last year.

Yea my company has suspended all non work critical domestic and international air travel.  I'm not going to cancel my ticket yet, I'll likely cancel my flight.  My boss and I may drive down there, or if this bug tapers off then the flight will be re booked.  But right now we're being directed to avoid large meetings,  work remotely and through Skype as much as possible.  So we'll see.  Was looking forward to knocking out a years of continuing education credits in one week.  I'll keep you all posted. 

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ That sucks. Due to the amount of travel required for work, my company is following Federal and State recommendations on travel. As domestic travel is currently unrestricted to non-infected hot-spots, the trip is a go. Should the Fed's or State / local health department cause a cancellation, then I wouldn't be going. I did note that NASCC has a COVID-19 disclaimer that the conference is still a go until further notice.

I'll be keeping an eye on the conference website, but still putting together the schedule.

No restrictions at my work for travel.

They are simply saying that you should stay home if you are feeling sick and to wash your hands more.

I am looking at the website as well. I hope that they don't cancel it because of COVID-19. The media really is blowing it out of proportion. 

Well I'm not sure the media is blowing it out of proportion.  But at any rate the decision to restrict travel came far from above my pay grade.  If NASCC cancels then that solves all the problems but I'll still attempt to drive down.

Back