Naked

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humner

Reaction score
I reposted it this way to see if it would get more attention to my question, LOL

Okay, so here is my situation. I am going to build my new house, 2 story AARX forms, the bottom floor will be an open air basement with 1/2" Pex tubing at 8" O.C.. The situation that is getting to me is the amount of conflicting info on what to do with my second floor. The floor system that I am looking at is open web wood floor trusses at 16" O.C. and spanning 20' clear.

What I did find was a product, here is site http://www.radiantcompany.com/details/ where is says I can use 7/8" Pex at 16" O.C.. I guess I am more looking into results others have had with similar situations. Personally I do like this set up because the load is reduced considerably compared to other set ups I found. Gyp-crete is totally out, fiance' works with a flooring company, she says no to it.

Any input would be appriciated.

I think JREGIENG put that stuff in his house. Might try PMing him since he is not on that frequently of late...but his response might be delayed because he is going on Vacation soon

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's obligated to post naming in-line with the nature of subject line before I respond!! :p

JR

Back