My Testmasters class was cancelled! :(

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenni179

Reaction score
Arghhh! I signed up for Testmasters in Charlotte, NC and it got cancelled. :( I was really looking forward to the class because I never took some of the topics in school (geotech, transportation, construction, envir). When I registered, I was told that the course for April's exam so I figured it would be the same for October's exam. Oh well. Sorry I was just ranting. Did anyone else's class get cancelled too?

Hey I'm sorry to hear that but it might work out for the better! Maybe you can skip the whole review course and just study on your own and pass while saving $1500 or whatever it is now!

Can you maybe take it somewhere else close by to Charlotte?

Hey I'm sorry to hear that but it might work out for the better! Maybe you can skip the whole review course and just study on your own and pass while saving $1500 or whatever it is now!
Can you maybe take it somewhere else close by to Charlotte?
Yea they have a location in Columbia, SC which is pretty close by. I would have to stay at a hotel though which isn't something I was anticipating. I emailed them asking about more info about the hotel, etc. Is traveling for Testmasters worth it?

I've been studying since April on my own and it's gone painfully slow since I'm learning most of this material. My depth is Water/Envir but I never took an Environmental course so that's what I'm studying now. Next I need to learn transportation, geotech, and Construction. Then do review peoblems! I really thought 6 months of studying would be adequate. I guess it is if it's all just reviewing! That's what I get for not majoring in civil! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Arghhh! I signed up for Testmasters in Charlotte, NC and it got cancelled. :( I was really looking forward to the class because I never took some of the topics in school (geotech, transportation, construction, envir). When I registered, I was told that the course for April's exam so I figured it would be the same for October's exam. Oh well. Sorry I was just ranting. Did anyone else's class get cancelled too?
Maybe you should travel to another area... it'll let you focus 100%.

I agree with IlPadrino. Staying overnight permits you to review the days material and ask questions the next morning. While financially it may not be your first choice, you may end up benefiting in the end. Plus, it keeps you away from your daily distractions.

I registered for a course with School of PE in Springfield IL and my course was also cancelled!! Supposedly due to not having enough people registered. They are offering a live online broadcast of their courses in other locations. However, I’m still not sure what I really want to do. I’ve been studying by my own during the past month and it’s been okay. Has anyone taken an online course before?

I registered for the class in Lansing, a few years ago. They cancelled and offered a discount if I drove to Cleveland. I declined.

Work had paid for the class so it was disappointing.

So far I'm OK with my Testmasters EE class in Houston. However it's not at their Sugarland location as I expected, it's near the Galleria. Which is one of the most horrid areas for traffic in Houston, any time / any day (the intersection of US59 South and west loop 610). Uggh. I'd rather be in Sugarland. I've been in gridlock traffic on Saturdays in that area. Uggh.

{I hate traffic, that's why I got out of Houston and moved to a small town...}

Back