Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone seen Into the Spiderverse (or whatever) yet?  The reviews make it sound very good.

Since it just came out on digital, went ahead and watched “The Predator” last night. Kind of like “Venom”...not looking to win any Oscars and quite a bit of ridiculousness, but it was entertaining to watch

New tv we got for the basement has roku built in - but it had an app I found called tubi? Tons of old (free) movies...

Currently watching BMX Bandits and laughing out asses off!!!

Animated. It's called Into the Spider-verse, or something like it. Each dimension has it's own Spiderman, and some evil villain changes the space-time continuum and multiple Spidermen are thrust together. Hilarity ensues.

Okay, the new Spider-man movie was really good!  Main character is a black kid with a latin mother, lots of Spanish/real Brooklyn feel to it, and it was really well animated.  They introduce the other spider-men really well, as in, you don't need to have religiously been reading comics to know what they are/who they come from, and they def poke fun at  themselves during the movie which made it really enjoyable.  I suggest seeing it in 3D if you can, the art style probably looks CRAAAAZY in 3D and I wish I knew beforehand because I would have def done it.

Tonight is "Welcome To Marwen"; I've heard good stuff about it.  Saturday is, hopefully, the new Mary Poppins, and then I want to see "The Favourite" before it gets taken out.  

Iron Eagle is on local broadcast TV!!!! :thumbs:

iron-eagle-gif_large.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Into the Spiderverse was really good - we saw it the same weekend as the new Bumblebee movie, which was also very good (best Transformer movie yet - not necessarily saying a lot but definitely worth at least a rental) but my son thought Into the Spiderverse was the superior movie.

66040229.jpg

Bumblebee is a Camaro, not a damn VW Bug... <smh>
Wait...I thought bumblebee was a VW beetle in the original cartoon?  Am I just remembering the hideous yellow thing as a different car?  I def remember it looking like Herbie....

66040229.jpg

Bumblebee is a Camaro, not a damn VW Bug... <smh>
Who cares. He could have been a Geo Metro, but the original Micheal Bay movies were steaming piles of crap. I remember falling asleep during the 2nd (or 3rd?) Transformer movie, in the theater. Sure there was tons of action, but so pointless that I simply could not care. So I fell asleep.

At least the VW bug version kept me awake and entertained. And if you actually watch it, I think your criticism of the VW bug aspect will evaporate.... (trying not to give any spoilers here)

Who cares. He could have been a Geo Metro, but the original Micheal Bay movies were steaming piles of crap. I remember falling asleep during the 2nd (or 3rd?) Transformer movie, in the theater. Sure there was tons of action, but so pointless that I simply could not care. So I fell asleep.

At least the VW bug version kept me awake and entertained. And if you actually watch it, I think your criticism of the VW bug aspect will evaporate.... (trying not to give any spoilers here)
The 1st Transformers movie is the only one that matters and that blew the rest of them away. 

And you say that like I've not already seen and bestowed my judgment. :thumbs:

kind of disappointed with the Christmas movie selection out - usually they have at least one decent movie to go see?

I guess they were pinning their hopes on marry Poppins and aqua man?

It looks like the "summer blockbusters" is a retread summer, another avengers, another terrible SW movie, Dumbo?, and an Aladdin reboot? Are they even trying anymore?

Back