Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Rango on Blu-Ray the other night. I really enjoyed it. You have to like things that are a little odd or off kilter to enjoy it, which is probably why I liked it more than most. Not much a movie for kids, though Junior liked it.
Oh man, so you're rubbing off on her?

When you've got a screen 10 times the size of you and audio set to reference levels right there in your own home, I'd probably be hard pressed to find something she wouldn't like, just due to the sheer "wow factor."

Watched Rango on Blu-Ray the other night. I really enjoyed it. You have to like things that are a little odd or off kilter to enjoy it, which is probably why I liked it more than most. Not much a movie for kids, though Junior liked it.
i've been wanting to see that. will have to redbox

Saw Cars 2 at the drive-in on Saturday. We all enjoyed it. My only comment on the movie is that it ended too quickly. Almost like it was originally a 2 hour movie, but they had to fit it into a 1.5 hour timeslot so they cut it all from the end.

saw Harry potter this weekend. As closure of the movie storyline it was good. It left lots to be said if you followed the books. THey took quite a few liberties to get it to work and left out a LOT...but thats show biz.
Everyone has favorite parts that they want to see acted out and get disappointed when they are left out.
Also saw HP. Really liked it and the way things were all tied up. A lot of great wizard/witch duels. Didn't read the last book so it was a good experience going through the movie not really knowing what would happen next. And it seems that is always the case with movies versus the books. You hope they cover the main parts but it just isn't practical to try and fit EVERYTHING in.

On a side note, REALLY looking forward to the final installment of The Dark Knight and the new Sherlock Holmes movie. :thumbs: They had previews for both of those movies.

thats what mr snick said his previws were for too...waited too long to get a sitter so we went in shifts with a minisnick handoff in the parking lot. He saw the 2d version I saw 3d so I had differrent previews. new movie by makers of 300...called immortals. Looks liek it could be good, lots of eye candy to get the significant others to go. wouls have prefered the previews mr snick got though

Saw Harry Potter also, everyone in The Fam thought it was good. Some places during the film, the theater was really quiet, no pop corn munching, slurping, etc...I have read all books, and knew what was coming, it was really just seeing it all played out finally that was nice...

End of an era for the 15 y-o who has grown up reading the books and watching the films; I kind of wonder if he feels the same way that I felt after The Empire Strikes Back...

We saw Cars 2 last night, also. For the bad reviews it's received, I didn't think it was too bad. Although entertaining in short clips, building the entire storyline around Mater was a stretch.

Saw Faster this weekend with Billy Bob Thorton and Duane Johnson (The Rock). It looked pretty stupid in the ads, but generally, we've been surprisingly impressed by these guys' movies. Well, it was not to be with this one. It was pure dreck. Bily Bob bore a surprising resemblence to author Dean Koontz.

The Killing Jar was surprisingly good. Folks in a diner with one definite psycho and maybe more. It was also cool seeing Cheyenne from The Crush all grown up. Funniest line was some teenager telling the waitress she looked pretty good for an old broad, to which she replied, "I'm 32." Funny thing is that's kinda the way I felt as a teen, but now 32 sounds like a youngun.

Time and tide wait for no man.

I watched Run, Fatboy, Run and maybe it's because I'm borderline delirious from training for my own marathon, but I actually thought it was pretty good.

I saw True Grit last weekend and was woefully disappointed. So far the only best picture nominated movie that I thought was any good was The King's Speech.

watched Rango, it was dry, long and not very funny. I think Johny Dep needs to stick to Pirate movies...

Saw Harry Potter also, everyone in The Fam thought it was good. Some places during the film, the theater was really quiet, no pop corn munching, slurping, etc...I have read all books, and knew what was coming, it was really just seeing it all played out finally that was nice...
End of an era for the 15 y-o who has grown up reading the books and watching the films; I kind of wonder if he feels the same way that I felt after The Empire Strikes Back...
I saw it at one of thosee dine-in theaters with the overstuffed leather recliners and wait service. it was all quiet during the intense scenes, then you would hear all the chair leather shifting as people would take a breath.

I thought it was really good. Saw it in 3-D, and a chunk of Voldemort flew right past my ear at the end.

The guy sitting behind me at Harry Potter was so anxious that he kept tapping his foot on the back of my chair. After the 2nd wave, I turned around and told him to knock it off. He proceeded to move 3-4 seats down where he continued to kick the chair in front of him (this time unoccupied).

Saw Crazy Stupid Love last night and it was very entertaining. The ending was sappy, but overall it was a good movie.

Once again, I saw the quirky, but amusing, Being John Malkovich. The movie itself, seeing that the character of main focus is in the movie title and is the name of actor playing the character, is amusing. For those who haven't seen the movie, I'm not going to ruin one of the funnier parts, but to those who have...

Malkovich?Malkovich Malkovich.

Malkovich Malkovich?

MAL... KO... VICH!!!
:tv:

Saw Tron last night. It was OK, was hoping for a little more action. There's only so long you can sit there and go "oh, neat lights/cool grid scenery", which seemed to be the focus for most of the movie. I give it a B-. Two thumbs up for a screamin' hot Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett though!

I was stuck with Smurfs duty yesterday, while my wife got to see Captain America with my daughter. Smurfs was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. But that ain't saying much.... Meanwhile, my wife and daughter said Captain America was pretty good.

Life's not fair.

Took Junior to see Harry Potter 3 today. Wasn't too impressed. Not much about any of the other characters, finding the last horcruxes was too easy, and the final "battle" was far from impressive. Cheese factor was also pretty high at the end. Started out better than it finished, IMO.

We saw Harry Potter last week. I agree that cheese factor was up. I thought the beginning was cheesier than the end. It's like the production team said, "hey, let's cut back since we're going to get the crowds anyway". It was a good run up till this one. The computer animation and quality was way below even the first movie. Good story, but a little disappointed with the movie. No need to see this one on the big screen.

I enjoyed the first few movies a lot more than any of the later ones. The first movies were just more fun, and took themselves a little less seriously.

Watched Sucker Punch last night. C- for the storyline/acting, A+ for Emily Browning as Babydoll, whose smokin' hotness will be forever emblazoned in my memories on those lonely nights.

I will say that Emily Browning, without the blonde pigtails and huge eyelashes, doesn't look anywhere NEAR as good as she does with them.

Back