Motorcyclist Protesting Helmet Law Dies After Hitting Head

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2) Why is it that people in this country feel that everyone is entitled to the best/state of the art medical care? Fact of the matter is that medical research, the latest medical devices and the best medical education are all expensive. If you can't pay for the treatment on your own, don't have insurance, and/or haven't paid taxes or any other revenue stream that pays intot the system, then why should the "system" be responsible for medical care for you?
I waffle on this one. On one hand, if you don't contribute to the system, you don't deserve the best care in town. But if you are too sick to work, what then? My dad was lucky enough to be able to latch onto my mom's healthcare, but he was unable to work and was taking around $10k of Rx's every month and would have died sooner and in more pain if he didn't have access to them. It's not a clear cut issue.

I'm lucky that my wife is a medical researcher. Means I'll always live near a top notch university hospital, rather than a local stitch 'em and ditch 'em place.

As for motorcycle guy, he played with fire and got burnt. The loss of life is regrettable, but it's hard to feel too bad for the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Irony, see below...

Onondaga, NY (AP) -- Police say a motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York died after he flipped over the bike's handlebars and hit his head on the pavement.
More at: http://www.wltx.com/news/national/article/...er-Hitting-Head
Ahh...the freedom to be stupid. Can't beat that with a stick.

I started watching old episodes of "1000 ways to die." (avail on Netflix, not sure if the show is still on the air).

Totally and unequivocally unbelievable.

Are those even real deaths? Some just seem too bizarre.

Example: I saw this one over the weekend. A real estate agent is sexually provocotive with everyone who comes in to visit a house. One girl who came in happened to be a raging lesbian. Long story short, they are getting it on in the laundry room on top of the dryer. The gas hose comes off and the gas ignites at the water heater, killing them both. The best part about it is that the computer animation showed the raging lesbian munching on the real estate agents carpet. :spit:

Are those even real deaths? Some just seem too bizarre.
Example: I saw this one over the weekend. A real estate agent is sexually provocotive with everyone who comes in to visit a house. One girl who came in happened to be a raging lesbian. Long story short, they are getting it on in the laundry room on top of the dryer. The gas hose comes off and the gas ignites at the water heater, killing them both. The best part about it is that the computer animation showed the raging lesbian munching on the real estate agents carpet. :spit:
I'm sure its embellished but real deaths all the same. They guy who died from anaphylactic shock due to a latex allergy while his mistress was beating him (he had been bound and gagged and was wearing a latex suit) was just, unreal.

The episode with the exploding breast implants while in an airplane was pretty good too.

I liked the one where the stoner walked up on a plushie sechs party, decided to join in, and in his inebriated state, tried to get it on with a bear.

1000 ways to die and Manswers are two awesome programs.
I really miss having Spike. Manswers is great...and I miss UFC. At least we can catch the UFC fights at Hooters and have great wings!

I don't have cable...which is why I am spending so much time on this board today while I'm home...

Back