Moonlighting/Charitable work w/ PE license

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VT-Matt

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone out there does any moonlighting or volunteer type work w/ their PE license in the Environmental field.

If so I would be curious to know what types of projects, non profits, etc you get involved in. Just thought it might be interesting to see what others are doing out there in the Environmental field.

I happen to be an avid fly fishermen and was considering getting involved in a local club that helps protect one of the local trout streams w/ EA/EIS reviews, river sampling programs, etc. Any others out there involved in this kind of stuff? Thanks in advance for any comments.

You should check out Engineers Without Borders. They do projects locally and internationally, and if you submit your project to the national organization and meet their requirements, they provide the E&O insurance. I'm involved with my local professional chapter, and we do some crossover work with the local student chapters too. We're in the start-up phase of an international project focusing on drainage and potable water improvements and we're also working on a local water quality improvement project concurrently. The municipality we're working for is providing their engineer for all official oversight and stamping, we're just consulting and providing/organizing labor and donations.

Back