Minnesota PE result

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ You're welcome Electower.

I guess that I'm not even sure if I did anything or not to help other than giving some advice here or there.

It's party time! :party-smiley-048:

I didn't get mine today either. I think I may have put my work address on my application and we just recently changed office locations, so I bet they're being forwarded.

Did not pass this round. Maybe it is time to try something different.
Keep your head up Hammy! Think of all the effort and time it takes to just to be able to get a chair in the exam room. You're almost there. Hit the books hard, do lots of problems and you will succeed.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I know that I should study and keep working towards passing. The thing is that this last time I took the 6 week review course online and I studied almost 80 hours more then in the past, not that brings the total to a large number(maybe 130/140 total from Feb to April). For all the extra preparation, I was only able to add one more correct answer to my total. Discouraging as this may sound, I feel that after the added effort and having given the test 4 tries, it might be that I just don't have it to pass the test. I'm fine with that realization, I can handle not being able to achieve a goal as long as I did what I could and tried. I have a good job and like what I do, I don't love it but I like what I do. My job provides me with the ability to do things that I do love to do. And I can keep on doing this job with out the PE. Maybe in a year I will feel differently, but as of today I think that I need to take a break from trying. See if I can't get my drive or passion or desire or want to pass the PE, I don't think that I have ever felt the burning desire to pass, it was just something that I was supposed to do.....

Sorry for cutting open a vein with all of you, I hope that it was not to much. Sometimes it is easier to type to people you don't know.

Another failed attempt here. So that brings me up to four, 3 Power fails and 1 Computer fail. According to the state I now need to provide additional proof that I am qualified to take the test. I'm not sure how this is possible when there are no courses and I doubt there are any tutors for the Computer exam. I also have to provide this proof by the 10th of August for the fall exam. Any ideas?

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I know that I should study and keep working towards passing. The thing is that this last time I took the 6 week review course online and I studied almost 80 hours more then in the past, not that brings the total to a large number(maybe 130/140 total from Feb to April). For all the extra preparation, I was only able to add one more correct answer to my total. Discouraging as this may sound, I feel that after the added effort and having given the test 4 tries, it might be that I just don't have it to pass the test. I'm fine with that realization, I can handle not being able to achieve a goal as long as I did what I could and tried. I have a good job and like what I do, I don't love it but I like what I do. My job provides me with the ability to do things that I do love to do. And I can keep on doing this job with out the PE. Maybe in a year I will feel differently, but as of today I think that I need to take a break from trying. See if I can't get my drive or passion or desire or want to pass the PE, I don't think that I have ever felt the burning desire to pass, it was just something that I was supposed to do.....

Sorry for cutting open a vein with all of you, I hope that it was not to much. Sometimes it is easier to type to people you don't know.
I can not even know what you are feeling as I am waiting for my first time PE exam results. But I agree that after so much effort and so many years of studying you need a little break from PE. You can come back much stronger after a year or two year break.

My only suggestion is do not give up on yourself... It takes a lot of strength to give PE exams these many times and you have shown that you had it. Do not underestimate yourself.. Take your time off as much as you want but COME BACK MUCH STRONGER AND READY TO HIT THE HOMERUN!

Congrats Pat!!!

And hammsengineer, you most likely will need some time to sit and think about what you really want. I hope that you keep trying for the PE though.

Back