Michigan gym sends girl home for workout attire

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a specific section for "lunks" who grunt while working out.
I live in Michigan and go to the Planet (across the street from my office). They told us when signing up: no muscle shirts, no bare stomachs, no grunting, etc.

"Lunks" are not allowed anywhere in the facility. There is a "lunk alarm" above the area with the benches and Smith machines.

I live in Michigan and go to the Planet (across the street from my office). They told us when signing up: no muscle shirts, no bare stomachs, no grunting, etc.

"Lunks" are not allowed anywhere in the facility. There is a "lunk alarm" above the area with the benches and Smith machines.

So they coddle the fat people because they shouldn't be judged.... but sound an alarm for people who have devoted time and energy to achieve a specific physique that they happen to desire?

I get the no muscle shirts, no bare stomachs... but grunting happens...

the only time I get annoyed at the gym is when people purposely throw/drop the weights... if you are strong enough to pick it, then you should be able to put it down and if you can't then you need to lower your weight... drops happen but more than once or twice and it's a distraction from my workout

I'm getting a little fired up here... this is discrimination gosh darn it! I thought it was just funny commercials to get people to come to the gym, they SERIOUSLY have a "lunk alarm" there...?!? I think I found the law suit waiting for me to make it happen.....

So they coddle the fat people because they shouldn't be judged.... but sound an alarm for people who have devoted time and energy to achieve a specific physique that they happen to desire?

I get the no muscle shirts, no bare stomachs... but grunting happens...

the only time I get annoyed at the gym is when people purposely throw/drop the weights... if you are strong enough to pick it, then you should be able to put it down and if you can't then you need to lower your weight... drops happen but more than once or twice and it's a distraction from my workout
The rule on grunting is not strict. It only really affects people who slam weights and guys who want to draw attention to themselves.

I get after my weight training pretty good sometimes. So I make a little racket, trying to squeeze out the last few. I also have to drop weights a bit sometimes. Like when doing dumbell bench press, it's anatomically impossible to return the weights to the floor in a totally controlled manner. But I have never been "lunk alarmed" for grunting or dropping weights.

I have had memberships at Gold's and numerous other gyms. There's not much difference between them and Planet.

Planet does not allow guys to yell and scream while they lift. Planet also does not have traditional bench press and other barbell racks - we have to use Smith machines. It's not as challenging and effecient, I know, but I'm not going to be Mr. Universe anyway. I'm just trying to stay in shape.

And the noisy weight dropping that sets off the alarm is mostly people dropping weights on cable machines. Most gyms like Gold's won't allow that nonsense either because it breaks the machines. So there's not much difference in that regard.

I'm getting a little fired up here... this is discrimination gosh darn it! I thought it was just funny commercials to get people to come to the gym, they SERIOUSLY have a "lunk alarm" there...?!? I think I found the law suit waiting for me to make it happen.....

Ya think?

If I weren't such an anti-lawsuit happy society person, I'd have this one in motion already.

F'n pansies. PF stands for Pansies Frolicking

I've seen girls, and sadly guys, wear much less in my gym.

3458540_G.jpg

I would do her.

..wait. How old is she?

Latest posts

Back