Mechanical test

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the thermal/fluids test (mech eng myself) this April.  I thought the morning was easier than the afternoon.  I give myself a 50% chance of passing.  Pure guess on probably 10 problems total.  

On the other side of the coin... Civil exam may be easier and the pay may be lower than a mech/aero engr, so this may not apply to you. I failed last fall and told myself I'd only take once more, ever. It's a lot of time and expense, not to mention the stress on family/home life. I've already spent $ beyond my licensing bonus in references, exam fees, online prep classes. If I keep taking it, the cost outweighs the benefit. IMO it's not personal, it's business. If it isn't a lucrative decision, why pursue it? I could spend the same amount of time and money on some other entrepreneurial pursuit that might earn a greater return. It's something to think about to determine what's right for you.
I am a Civil and when I pass (hopefully I did this round) I will instantly get a 25% raise and scheduled raises the next 3 years... Though I spent a mountain of money on references and review courses it does not scratch what the projected monetary benefit of passing will be!

I work for a County Engineers office, I will take over as the County Engineer when I have my license. I negotiated and had them sign my contract beforehand so it takes effect as soon as I have the license. One of the best features of this field is the retirement program, once my years of service and age added equal 88 I will be paid at least 66% of my top 5 years of income averaged until I die! and the longer you work past that the higher the %. I will reach the rule of 88 at 52....

I work for a County Engineers office, I will take over as the County Engineer when I have my license. I negotiated and had them sign my contract beforehand so it takes effect as soon as I have the license. One of the best features of this field is the retirement program, once my years of service and age added equal 88 I will be paid at least 66% of my top 5 years of income averaged until I die! and the longer you work past that the higher the %. I will reach the rule of 88 at 52....
What state?

Back