material for a couple subjects

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick.conner

Reaction score
I'm having problems with the following areas and wondering if anyone has a simple reference for each:

short circuit and open circuit testing of a transformer

rules for paralleling transformers

basics on two watt-meter questions

also the non-linear questions are tough!

Thanks

short circuit test and open circuit test you can find that in almost every electrical machinery book...camara power reference manual discussed this in chapter 37

Paralleling 2 transformers i dont know if the Theodore Wildi discussed this (electrical machines, drives and power systems)...but i'm using the formulas from Georgia Tech review and a weird formula used in the complex imaginary tests.

Watt-meter---not much to it.

Short circuit....is hard to find info on this....Power system analysis by Grainger discuss this.

Non Linear circuits...For average value of a function GA Tech gives the formula.....Theodore Wildi book is kind of good at this....(electrical Machinery Fundamentals by Stephen Chapman..discussed non linear circuits also...I think that to attack this kind of problems you only need to know how the output wave is going to look with different types or rectifiers.

Back