Massachusetts Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have ideas on when Massachusetts results will arrive in our mailboxes???
I emailed the board. Their answers was "you will receive your results approximately 12 weeks following the exam date". very nice of them!

Based on my experience / knowledge:

1) MA is one of the last states to issue results. Historically it has been right around the 12 week mark from the test date.

2) EES / Profeesional Credential Services PCS website won't provide any results directly. The results go to the Board which needs to meet to "bless" the results and vote to accept the NCEES cut score and subsequently set the passing grade.

3) Upon approval the Board of Registration sends the results back to PCS so that they can issue the pass/fail letters.

4) Passing candidates must pay the applicable licensing fees to PCS in order to be issued a license number. Note: if you pay the fees by credit card over the phone, you will get your number assignment faster than if you mail them a check.

5) When all fees are paid you'll get a number, certificates will wait until the next monthly board meeting so they can be properly sealed and signed.

Where is this EES board?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is this EES board?
The board that I'm referring to is the MA Board of Registration of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors found here MA Board of Registration website.

EES is Engineering Examination Service aka Professional Credential Services Inc. This outfit is contracted by the state to handle the application submittal process, test date and administration, results compilation, notifications, and fee collections.

Actual issuance of PE licenses is done by the Board of Registration so all decisions are made by the Board which meets once a month.

Hope that helps.

I took the exam in Massachusetts last April and got the "failed" letter exactly 10 weeks after the exam. This year I am hoping for a "passed" letter by July 4th!

Anyone have ideas on when Massachusetts results will arrive in our mailboxes???

It is my understanding that EES received the results for CT on June 23rd. EES probably has received or will be receiving the results shortly for Massachusetts. Last April the exam was on April 11th and results were mailed directly from EES within 10 weeks from that date (I received my by 7/3/08). Accordingly you will probably receive your results by next week. Good luck.

From Board of Registration website, exam committee should have met to discuss results last Friday:

#

250 CMR Committee Meeting

The 250 CMR Review Committee will meet on Friday, June 19, 2009 at the offices of Thompson-Liston Associates, Inc. 51 Main Street, Boylston, MA following the Exam Committee meeting.

They will be mailed with the next week.

David Lenahan

EES Client Coordinator

- - - - - - - - - -

Engineering Examination Services

150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 800

Nashville, TN 37219

- - - - - - - - - -

Phone: 877.364.3926

Fax: 615. 846.0153

Email: [email protected]

www.pcshq.com

This is the response I received today from ESS to an email I sent asking when the Massachusetts PE exam results would be released.

They will be mailed with the next week.
David Lenahan

EES Client Coordinator

- - - - - - - - - -

Engineering Examination Services

150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 800

Nashville, TN 37219

- - - - - - - - - -

Phone: 877.364.3926

Fax: 615. 846.0153

Email: [email protected]

www.pcshq.com

This is the response I received today from ESS to an email I sent asking when the Massachusetts PE exam results would be released.
So EES states wait an extra 2 weeks... how incredibly lame.

That's what I've been complaining about since last week! I've gotten supporting messages as well as those bashin me for complaining. I think its ridiculous -- EES can't be worth what the state is paying them.

That's what I've been complaining about since last week! I've gotten supporting messages as well as those bashin me for complaining. I think its ridiculous -- EES can't be worth what the state is paying them.
I'm not sure you can say that unless you know how much the state pays them. Maybe it's $4 a year.

I saw your posts in the other thread, and I have to say you're maybe a little too close to the issue to make reasonable judgments about it.

EES handles a lot of other professions as well as engineers - they're not sitting around most of the year doing nothing. Additionally, MA doesn't particularly care when the results come back, only that they're accurate and within a reasonable timeframe. I'd argue that +/-2 weeks is a fair window. If it were months different, then maybe you have a case. No one cares about this except us, and for those of us that are/were lucky enough to pass, it stops mattering at all.

I know it's frustrating, and I'm in the same boat waiting on MA results, but it's sort of ridiculous to expect the state to switch providers because they take a week longer to return PE exam results.

Just my $0.02

edit:clarity

It is ridiculous but sadly, all we can do now is wait. What will keep me going until I get my results is the fact that I do not live in California. They have to wait until August! California wins the bureaucratic bologna prize. Good luck to you, vucat (and all other EES victims out there!)

Actual issuance of PE licenses is done by the Board of Registration so all decisions are made by the Board which meets once a month.
I did my MA license by reciprocity prior to moving here. Basically, the Board just meets once a month and approves/rejects applications and officially passes/fails testees.

EES/PCS is a credential service based in Nashhville, TN if I recall that does all the middle man work for them. It's a silly set-up if you ask me. You send your stuff to TN, they send it to MA, who then sends it back to TN, who then notifies you. You can't tell me there isn't a credential firm in greater Boson!

I checked the Board of Registration calendar and they met on 6/25. I think we will see results in MA by July 3rd (that's exactly 10 weeks...). I will need to have somebody else check my mail this week as when I see a letter from EES I may just pass out... I wasn't anxious until results started posting last week!! :sharkattack:

Any news from EES on the Massachusetts results? I can't wait for them to get here so I can start my summer. Oh, the humanity! Do I have to get on my knees and say "Uncle" EES?

UNCLE, UNCLE, UNCLE!!!!!!!

Long time lurker, first time post! Just checking if there's any news on MA results, I'm on the edge of my seat!

I contacted EES today and was told that the results were mailed out Monday. So, we should be seeing them in our mailbox really soon. Good luck.

Back