Massachusetts college stops flying American flag after it becomes focus of dispute over Trump

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt267 PE

"1000000 warning points" Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/11/21/massachusetts-college-stops-flying-american-flag-after-it-becomes-focus-of-dispute-over-trump/

The day after the election, some people at Hampshire College reacted to the news of Donald Trump’s victory by calling for the removal of the American flag at the center of campus, saying it was a symbol of racism and hatred. That night, some lowered it. And the following night — sometime before dawn on Veterans Day — people burned it.
Lowering the flag to half-staff offended many, and the backlash was immediate, especially from veterans and military families who saw it as disrespectful of the tradition of national mourning.
On Friday, Lash told the campus community that its efforts to convey respect and sorrow had had the opposite effect, and he announced that the college would remove the flag entirely.
I don't get pissed off about much, but this is complete BS. They should have bought a bigger flag that was fire resistant. Bunch of little bitches. The collage should be ashamed of itself. Giving in to the demands of a few cry babies is not the answer. How are these kids going to survive in the real world if they get all butthurt when they don't get their way.

I'm sure Whole Foods and Urban Outfitters will be glad to employ such righteous individuals upon graduation.  

As usual, Scott Adams hits the nail on the head in his latest blog post:

The biggest demographic group opposing Trump – including the ones on the street – are young people. Objectively speaking, young people are the dumbest people within every demographic group. I was dumber when I was younger. So were you. So is everyone else. Ask yourself if it is a coincidence that the dumbest people within every demographic group lean in the same direction.

The Master Persuader filter says that young people have not yet experienced multiple situations in which the media scares the public over nothing. To them, the fear of Trump is real because the Internet and the media says it is real. To people my age, we have seen one fake media scare after another. We don’t believe in fake scares the same way that that young people do because we’ve been through it so many times.

The ones that make it in the real world will one day come to the realization that they are, in fact, dumbasses.

The ones that do not have such revelations will never make it in the real world, and in reality, have no desire to, either.  This group can ironically sell "coexist" stickers at either establishment I previous mentioned in their own little gluten-free, anti-vaccinated world.

Back