Looking for some similar geotech problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

@@--@@
Reaction score
I took the exam last week, I think my biggest hole was the geotech.

Can anyone else recommend some good problems/books which are similar to the exam?

It seems like I had a lot of "example" problems, but none were close enough for me to be able to "plug & Chug"

Geotech is one of my weak areas as well. I'm hoping I won't have to worry about it again, but if I do, I want to find something to help me with it as well.

Hopefully you will not have to retake the test.

Does anyone know the what soil MC Hammer would have choosen for morning civil question?

I cant recall the anwer, but I had a nice soil classification cheat sheet that I was glad I had.

Are the 6 minute solutions similar to whats on the test? I need to look at some of those if I dont pass

I looked everywhere for the Chalipati books and had no luck. Let's hope I will not need them for October. :thumbsup:

bump for GEOTECH!

If you took the test and can recommend a good place to find those anoying geotech problems.. a truck leaves for a jobsite..blah blah blah..post em!!!!

i think 8 years after taking soil mechanics I just finally figured out how to do those damn soil phase diagrams.....

Bring on the MOhr Circle...... :danc

Latest posts

Back