LinkedIn

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has PE after my name and I list the state and date under certifications.
:plusone:
Was that a top priority for you to update LinkedIn?
:party-smiley-048:

Do you guys list each state that you are licensed in on your profile or just your "home" state?
I put all of the states.
I do as well. That way when I do consulting on the side, clients can get a quick idea of my certs.

Why do some people have NCEES as a title??

John Doe, PE, NCEES

I've never seen this until today when looking for the NCEES linkedin page

I don't understand people that put NCEES as their licensing agency on Facebook. All NCEES does is provide a test for you to take. The licensing agency should be your home state's licensing board.

Like they are the ones that review the exam?

They do review the exam, but they don't give you the license. You can get a perfect score on the exam and not get your PE License if your local licensing board decides you aren't ready or qualified. All NCEES provides is a test that can provide an overall assessment of someone's engineering knowledge. In fact, any state could provide you a license without even taking the PE exam if they had reason to believe it was not needed. The whole reason for the exam is a big CYA.

I know who NCEES is, I was asking if the people who list NCEES as a credential John Doe, PE, NCEES were the guys who review the questions? Determine which ones are good or bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know who NCEES is, I was asking if the people who list NCEES as a credential John Doe, PE, NCEES were the guys who review the questions? Determine which ones are good or bad?
I understand now. I was talking about people that list NCEES as their licensing agency under the LinkedIn Licenses and Certifications instead of listing their state board of licensing.

Why do some people have NCEES as a title??

John Doe, PE, NCEES

I've never seen this until today when looking for the NCEES linkedin page
I think you must be confused when I said NCEES record. Oh my name I have John Doe, PE

Under the detail certification, I have NCESS Records.

Putting NCEES next to the name is just silly! Like them IT people..crazy

I actually had to do a search to see it myself. Very strange. It looked like quite a few were from overseas, which could explain it a little. Be interested to understand the logic behind it.

I actually had to do a search to see it myself. Very strange. It looked like quite a few were from overseas, which could explain it a little. Be interested to understand the logic behind it.

I've never understood the people who have the LEED AP, PMP, and various other certs who put the ® symbol in their name.

I've never understood the people who have the LEED AP, PMP, and various other certs who put the ® symbol in their name.
Ya it's plain silly. But IT and "project manager" (the true paper pusher) are known to do it...search

Jane Doe, PMP, CPPO, C.P.M., M.P.A

John Doe, CCNA, CCNIE, ITIL, PMP

Ya it's plain silly. But IT and "project manager" (the true paper pusher) are known to do it...search
Jane Doe, PMP, CPPO, C.P.M., M.P.A; F.M.L; S.M.H.

John Doe, CCNA, CCNIE, ITIL, PMP; DB
Fixt

As for the certification on LinkedIn, I just put my state and date for now. I'll add license number when it's issued.

Be careful about holding yourself out as a professional engineer before you are actually licensed...

Ohio issues license numbers within 3 days after you send you final registration money in. So all good now. It was only a difference of a few days of proclaiming to be a PE without an actual license number yet.

lolbrary.com_30027_1386345640.jpg

Back