LinkedIn Group

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of wondered about this. I didn't know if there was a reason one wasn't set up. Like maybe someone wanted to protect their superhero identity.

It wouldn't be too hard to keep non-EB'ers out... make them provide a screen name before they can join.

Wow, it looks like they've unblocked LinkedIn from Websense here at work! It used to be filtered out as a "social networking" site.

Let us know when it is set up so we can all join... we'll just have to keep real names and screen names straight!

I'm kinda leery of having a resume out there on the web like that.
Not really a full resume. You can control what you put on it, whether it can be searched publicly online, what aspects of it can be seen, and when searched by people who aren't your "friends" or at least in your network, it will show an anonymous profile without your name, only credentials.

It saves the headhunters time when they call or email you... I get at least one headhunter a day.
I might keep that in mind if I'm job hunting again (I hope I never have to do that again).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm there. Now what? :p

Under the search at the top, I just selected Search Groups, then entered, "engineer boards" and it popped right up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, now I got it. If you search for Engineer Boards, you'll find it. If you search for it as one word, or engineerboards.com, you won't.

Back