license verification - Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yel38

Reaction score
I looked my name at the license verification and it came back as license in statues “pending”.

Does that mean I passed the exam and the license is pending board approval or maybe they put all the names of the examinees in the system and the license is pending the exam results and the board approval?

I wish it is the first option. What do you think?

This is for the State of Connecticut. The board meets on November and they send the results on December, I guess they already know the answers.

I looked my name at the license verification and it came back as license in statues “pending”.Does that mean I passed the exam and the license is pending board approval or maybe they put all the names of the examinees in the system and the license is pending the exam results and the board approval?

I wish it is the first option. What do you think?

This is for the State of Connecticut. The board meets on November and they send the results on December, I guess they already know the answers.
Hopefully you are correct, but I highly doubt it. How do you know they will mail the results in DEcember? In the past, CT usually came in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure, I’m guessing that they will mail it end of December or beginning of January.

If the board assembles on November why are they holding the announcements until January? I understand it takes time to prepare the letters but the electronic verification system should be updated sooner.

not to falsely inflate your hopes but it seems to me that you would need to pass before they entered your name into the license database in the first place. I'd vote that you've passed everything and they're just waiting for your license number assignment to complete the entry.

I hope I'm right. good luck.

Texas says that they post them as fast as they can when they recieve them from Elses, so I'd be surprised if the November board meeting has anything to do with the results. I don't think they wait that long.

not to falsely inflate your hopes but it seems to me that you would need to pass before they entered your name into the license database in the first place. I'd vote that you've passed everything and they're just waiting for your license number assignment to complete the entry.
I hope I'm right. good luck.
In a lot of states they put the name in the database as soon as the person qualifies to take the exam, then just change the status after they pass. The only sure way would be to call the board and find out. I know if I thought there was a chance I had passed I would call.

pend·ing (pndng)adj.

1. Not yet decided or settled; awaiting conclusion or confirmation.

2. Impending; imminent.

prep.

1. While in the process of; during.

2. While awaiting; until.
I'd say it's pending notification from NCEES

Mine has said pending since the first time I took the exam in October of 2007.

CT's database says you're "pending" once the board has approved you to take the exam. A guy I went to college with is on his 3rd or 4th attempt at the PE and has been listed as "pending" for several years. I can see how one would be hopeful based on that, but it's because the board has approved everything and your license is pending the taking and passing of the test - no small matter, I know!

I'm still listed as pending for the EIT, despite getting my FE pass letter. It says that the CT board will send a licensing packet within 65 working days.

Can't wait to find out what my PE number will be... how long does it take for the boards to update these things?
In some states, passing the PE Exam is meaningless by itself. You have to submit an application for the State within 10 years of passing the PE, to begin processing your license after you pass the exam.

In some states, passing the PE Exam is meaningless by itself. You have to submit an application for the State within 10 years of passing the PE, to begin processing your license after you pass the exam.

I received a letter saying I passed but have to send back a copy of the letter with a $25 check within 30 days to get the license; I don't think it's really "official" here in AL until I receive the license back from the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's convenient. I have to find 5 references (3 of which must have PE licenses) from my company and send $75 for the application and first year fee.

Wow, that's convenient. I have to find 5 references (3 of which must have PE licenses) from my company and send $75 for the application and first year fee.
Yeah, I had a co-worker who was originally licensed in MI. He said you just sign up to take the exam and they don't make you go through all the hassles of the application and references until you pass. I don't know if that's good or bad.......

Yeah, I had a co-worker who was originally licensed in MI. He said you just sign up to take the exam and they don't make you go through all the hassles of the application and references until you pass. I don't know if that's good or bad.......
I think I understand... some states probably have you jump through the hoops before taking the PE Exam?

Back