Less than 2 weeks away. How's everyone feel?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it depends on the day or time of day. Sometimes I feel quite confident, other times I feel like there's no way I'll pass.

guys and gals,

don't worry about the exam. it will be easier if you could keep calm on the exam day. as I mentioned in lot of the previous threads in October morning session I could not answer single answer confidently for the first 12 problems. I took a bathroom break for 5 minutes and thought about something completely different than the exam. then I started doing the problems from back and it did miracles. I could answer around 9 problems in the first 12 problems which looked greek to me first.

my suggestion is please do not read anything on Wednesday and Thursday. Do whatever you like the most. Sleep for at least 8 hours on Thursday. I took Wed and Thur off from work. I read/did problems on the final 2 days and it lead to loss of confidence. keep yourself calm. once after the exam when I discussed about the exam with my study partners, I felt like the exam was really easy, but i made around 8 dumbest mistakes as I read the question wrongly. I hope everyone passes the exam with flying colors. all the best to everyone.
guys and gals,

don't worry about the exam. it will be easier if you could keep calm on the exam day. as I mentioned in lot of the previous threads in October morning session I could not answer single answer confidently for the first 12 problems. I took a bathroom break for 5 minutes and thought about something completely different than the exam. then I started doing the problems from back and it did miracles. I could answer around 9 problems in the first 12 problems which looked greek to me first.

my suggestion is please do not read anything on Wednesday and Thursday. Do whatever you like the most. Sleep for at least 8 hours on Thursday. I took Wed and Thur off from work. I read/did problems on the final 2 days and it lead to loss of confidence. keep yourself calm. once after the exam when I discussed about the exam with my study partners, I felt like the exam was really easy, but i made around 8 dumbest mistakes as I read the question wrongly. I hope everyone passes the exam with flying colors. all the best to everyone.
Bathroom break? If you leave the exam room you are not suppose to return to continue the exam.

guys and gals,

guys and gals,

Bathroom break? If you leave the exam room you are not suppose to return to continue the exam.
Pick up a package of adult diapers. They worked great for me when I took the exam.

That's not true. You are allowed to raise your hand and a proctor will come get you. You are allowed to use the restroom, but the exam time does not stop for you.
So it's possible to have a huddle outside discuss the exam and return? Waw!

That's not true. You are allowed to raise your hand and a proctor will come get you. You are allowed to use the restroom, but the exam time does not stop for you.
Nope. When I took the EIT in October 2013, if more than two people left the exam room at a time, a proctor left the exam room too. When in the bathroom, a proctor stood by the sinks to make sure there was no discussion.

But, if you truly are concerned about this, you should call your board and find out. Or, wear Depends just to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to risk getting thrown out of the exam... sure.

FYI, the NCEES Examinee Guide says: "Breaks - You may request to take a break at any time by raising your hand and waiting for the proctor to assist you."

They give you the instructions about breaks. 1 person per section, no talking, etc., etc,

Guys, let me tell you from experience... there is no way to predict how you'll do. I've seen people study for months after multiple attempts, go in totally confident they'd pass this time, and fail miserably. I've seen people sweat it out studying for two weeks before the exam, thinking they don't have a chance, and somehow pass. I know for myself, I studied for a few months before, took a Testmasters course, and felt okay going into the final week. Then I pulled out the official NCEES Practice Exam, managed only a 50/80, and proceeded to panic. I go through the actual exam, but was sure that there was not a chance in hell I passed.

Several weeks later, I got my score back. 90%.

No matter how much or how little you've studied, it could go either way. The best you can do is go in as prepared as you feel you need to be, stay calm during the exam, and do the best you can. Everything else is out of your control. More often than not, you'll be just fine.

4th time was the charm for me, j-dubbs is 100% correct!

I feel great! Thanks for asking. I don't have to take this torturous exam anymore! Goodluck!

bathroom breaks were given at our location. no more than two people on break at a time and one person per specific module.

Guys, let me tell you from experience... there is no way to predict how you'll do. I've seen people study for months after multiple attempts, go in totally confident they'd pass this time, and fail miserably. I've seen people sweat it out studying for two weeks before the exam, thinking they don't have a chance, and somehow pass. I know for myself, I studied for a few months before, took a Testmasters course, and felt okay going into the final week. Then I pulled out the official NCEES Practice Exam, managed only a 50/80, and proceeded to panic. I go through the actual exam, but was sure that there was not a chance in hell I passed.

Several weeks later, I got my score back. 90%.

No matter how much or how little you've studied, it could go either way. The best you can do is go in as prepared as you feel you need to be, stay calm during the exam, and do the best you can. Everything else is out of your control. More often than not, you'll be just fine.
Thanks for the words of wisdom here!

This test is coming up quick. About time to wind down studying

This is my 2nd time doing the exam . Definitely more prepared. It's in God's hands now. I did the CI, the Graffeo exam questions. More sources and the ncees problems are recognizable. I'm cool, calm and collected.

Bleddedangel85

I hear you I've done all I can I just making sure Im get enough rest and trying to eat all the brain food I can until Friday

Good Luck to you all

omg , these three days are the worst days,,,,,i know it all,,,,,, i dnt know it all to...... just want this time to pass by, i woke up so many times at night thinking why my alarm not ringing lol....... guess i am worried now......

Nothing can be done Now ,we did all we can do now it time to get rest and proper nourishment for the marathon we are about to take on And remember just breath!!! LOL

You've all put in the time and effort. Believe me, you know more than you think. Try and relax this last couple days. Make sure your notes and tabs are good to go. It is all worth it when you pass! Good luck to all of you!

Back