L/L fault question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is used. Total Positive sequence z = Positive of Gen+Positive of Xmer= .2+.1=.3

similarly Total negative sequence z= Neg of Gen+Neg of Xmer=.2+.1=.3

What is left now?

It is used. Total Positive sequence z = Positive of Gen+Positive of Xmer= .2+.1=.3

similarly Total negative sequence z= Neg of Gen+Neg of Xmer=.2+.1=.3

What is left now?
To find Ia1, 1pu/(.3+.3)  then use 1pu - Ia1*(Z1 equivalent for both).....ah okay. Not sure where I got confused.

Yup. Good luck guys. 

Just be confident and don't make the exam bigger than it is. It's not THAT difficult. I failed the first time because i was just unprepared in a lot of subjects, and I still got within 5 or so questions of passing. Turns out when they give you a list of topics for a test, you should pay attention to it. And more than likely you will leave the exam feeling down, don't fret, that's normal.

Yup. Good luck guys. 

Just be confident and don't make the exam bigger than it is. It's not THAT difficult. I failed the first time because i was just unprepared in a lot of subjects, and I still got within 5 or so questions of passing. Turns out when they give you a list of topics for a test, you should pay attention to it. And more than likely you will leave the exam feeling down, don't fret, that's normal.
I failed the first time as well. I took a review course this time (actually two) so I believe I'm more prepared now than I was back in April. Good luck.

Best of luck everyone. We discussed a lot of questions here in forum, this time, and I am sure we are going to do well. Mine is first time and it is my mid life rehabilitation. If I do not pass, my kids and wife will pull my leg and so it is more important for me to prove myself. My wife is all set to give me a lot of household work from tomorrow. Studying was a great excuse, whether studied or not is a different issue. So in all ways, the cover, the  exam was providing is going away. Very sad. However I enjoyed the preparation.

Back