Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well it looks like we just became a baseball fan family. My sister and I took minisnick to his first baseball game on Friday at Wrigley (cubs vs cards). Free tickets from my sisters work. field box seats maybe 20 or so rows from the field just left of home plate.
minisnick had a BLAST. he would tap my sister's arm and point to the field when he noticed her not looking at the game. He got mad when the people in front of us kept getting up. I didn't see the reaction since he was sitting in my lap but apparently on several occassions he got this pissed off look on his face pointed to the people standing then pointed down to their seats trying to tell them to sit their asses down because he couldn't see.

The planes for the Chicago air and water show were also practicing right over the stadium so we got to see some tricks in the sky too.
I've been to lots of MLB games, but probably my favorite was in '99 at Wrigley for Cubs vs. Rockies. The air show was going on and Sosa and McGwire were dueling for a new single season home run record. Sosa hit two homers in the game.

well it looks like we just became a baseball fan family. My sister and I took minisnick to his first baseball game on Friday at Wrigley (cubs vs cards). Free tickets from my sisters work. field box seats maybe 20 or so rows from the field just left of home plate.
minisnick had a BLAST. he would tap my sister's arm and point to the field when he noticed her not looking at the game. He got mad when the people in front of us kept getting up. I didn't see the reaction since he was sitting in my lap but apparently on several occassions he got this pissed off look on his face pointed to the people standing then pointed down to their seats trying to tell them to sit their asses down because he couldn't see.

The planes for the Chicago air and water show were also practicing right over the stadium so we got to see some tricks in the sky too.
I've been to lots of MLB games, but probably my favorite was in '99 at Wrigley for Cubs vs. Rockies. The air show was going on and Sosa and McGwire were dueling for a new single season home run record. Sosa hit two homers in the game.
*cough* cheater *cough*

*****TMI warning*****for those with boys...when they started realizing they could control the muscles to pee, did they have problems letting go?

I have a dr appt set for minisnick this afternoon, not sure if he has a urinary tract infection or just realizing he can control the peeing and experiencing anxiety. he has been holding the front of his diaper when he pees and last night during a bath he all of sudden squeezed his legs for a pee pee dance then started crying/screaming when spursts of pee came out. He just about jumped out of tub last night.

poor little guy.

*****TMI warning*****for those with boys...when they started realizing they could control the muscles to pee, did they have problems letting go?
I have a dr appt set for minisnick this afternoon, not sure if he has a urinary tract infection or just realizing he can control the peeing and experiencing anxiety. he has been holding the front of his diaper when he pees and last night during a bath he all of sudden squeezed his legs for a pee pee dance then started crying/screaming when spursts of pee came out. He just about jumped out of tub last night.

poor little guy.
It's pretty well documented that at some point little boys notice their weiner and like to grab onto it and play with it. (some never grow out of this phase). If he's crying in pain when he pees there is some sort of a problem there. Usually it's sqeals of delight as they discover that they can point, aim and shoot. (Again to some this never gets old and is always fun).

Hope it's a nothing and he's ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, it definitely sounds like there is something wrong. Mini-ble has never cried out in pain since he started going to the bathroom.

Which reminds me, mini-ble is pretty much potty trained now!! He still wears a diaper/pull-up when he sleeps, but during the day he never has one on. He always asks to go and has had very few accidents since we started the process.

yeah minible!!! Really wishing minisnick would start. some days he likes the potty others no interest at all.

if it happened all the time that would be one thing, but if he is in a diaper and occupied with something he doesn't react, it is just when he realizes he is peeing that he grabs the diaper or the crying last night.

My daughter lost her first tooth yesterday. It had been loose for a while and it was corn on the cob at school that finally did the trick. She said it only hurt a little. Might sound strange but I felt super proud of her.

$5 for a tooth!!!! Wait here while I go grab my vice-grips.

Last edited by a moderator:

poor little guy.
It's pretty well documented that at some point little boys notice their weiner and like to grab onto it and play with it. (some never grow out of this phase).
I think Bill Engvall described it best as protection from the "Weiner thief." Someone (and you'll never find out who) will tell your son that there is a Weiner Thief out there and they have to hold onto it for dear life or it will be stolen.

Weiner thief

Mini-MS says "sssssssssssss" before, during, or after he drains his reservoir when he's not wearing his diaper. Usually, it's on the floor and he's quite proud of it. On a positive note, he'll grab a paper towel and clean it up himself.

^^^ My nephew did that too. Except he had the problem of not being able to hold anything, so literally ever 5 minutes he would do a little spurt on the floor if he didn't have a pullup on. He usually got most of them, but every once in a while you would find one he missed (usually with a bare foot or with socks).

well no infection...guess thats good. just need to keep an eye on things. up to 26 lbs 4 oz and 34.25 inches tall though....I thought he grew a few inches. at 18 month checkup which was really around 19 mo, he was 25 lbs and 32.25 inches.

well no infection...guess thats good. just need to keep an eye on things. up to 26 lbs 4 oz and 34.25 inches tall though....I thought he grew a few inches. at 18 month checkup which was really around 19 mo, he was 25 lbs and 32.25 inches.
:lmao:

Sorry, but I find this all too comical as mini-MS is very similar. 18 month checkup at 19 months, et al. His 19 monther was last month and he weighed in at an earth-shattering 21 pounds and, I think, 31 inches. Little dude is a Tazmanian Devil dressed as a string bean.

My oldest was the same as a toddler. Tall and thin. The youngest has always been at the top of the charts for height and weight.

In related news, the oldest starts tonight on o-line in his first JV football game of the season! He currently 6', and 145#. Glad they wear lot's of padding...

Go team!

A 145# lineman? Shouldn't he be playing corner or wide out?

Back