Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I have been up since 2:30 am. Mini-kevo went a little crazy with the crying last night.

On the plus side, it looks like he kept it all on his body and didn't paint the house.

On the plus side, it looks like he kept it all on his body and didn't paint the house.
Yeah, about that....

I guess they did it in their room and got it on the new carpet. The wife did what she could but I guess there's still a pink stain there. I'm sure it's not the last time something will be spilled in there and we got a remnant cut to fit the room over the hardwood floors so it won't be a huge ordeal to replace when they get a little older.

minisnick went through the dvd cabinet yesterday pulled out the Incredibles dvd brought it over to me and said "on please" then started walking over to the dvd player.

Our little man turned two a few weeks ago. he suddenly wants TV. He watches bits of Shrek everyday. Last week it was Nemo. He even tries to work the remote. Bad habit we will have to break.

Mini-ble is all into Winnie the Pooh. He'll ask every so often "Peepee pooh?" (he says peepee instead of piglet, although he has just started saying pilet.)

ever since we took minisnick to the zoo over 4th of july weekend he is obsessed with animal sounds and pictures.

he is at a point where he will say the name once then goes back to gibberish if we ask again when the other of us gets to the room.

I've made cross country roadtrips go a little quicker by making the appropriate animal noise when passing a field full of cows, pigs, horses, etc.

Bottom Line: He may not grow out of it.

My initial response is … "none that I know about…"

but here is my practice kiddo

Nugg_100k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
THis morning Mr snick said he would take minisnick to daycare today, I'm like ok bonus time for me. Minisnick got up and came down to the kitchen asking for juice so I gave him some then headed out for work. I told him bye and he went nuts...he wasn't too happy with me breaking his morning routine...dressed in pjs he tried following me out the front door.

Minisnick is startinf to like the pool. He went from sitting on the edge and slidding in while holding our hands to sort of jumping into our arms this weekend.

he also got a mouthful of water as I unintentionally sank deeper into the water when a wasp/bee landed on back...oops.

Mini-kevo was trying to talk over this weekend.

I kept repeating "goo" and she actually said it back a few times!!

Swimming just clicked for my son yesterday. He has been all over the pool with a life jacket on, but he was really hesitant to take it off. He swam across the pool underwater, coming up twice to get a breath. That instantly reduces a parent's anxiety about having a child in/around the water.

wish i had the video camera charged and ready last night. Minisnick was meticulously going through the books in his bookcase last night. With a pointed finger and a slight lean towards the bookcase he pointed to each book as he made is way across the shelf looking for one to read. When he found the one he was looking for he would take it off the shelf and bring it over. We would read it then he went back to bookcase and started his process all over....I think we read like a dozen books yesterday.

My son started first grade yesterday. He was really excited to start at a new school this year since we're moving to a new area. The school was doing a small ceremony to celebrate back to school and all he wanted to do was go inside and get back to work. I really hope he keeps up his love for school.

Schools open next monday here...we have a couple of final punches that need to be finished up in a hurry.

My younger sis-in law starts tomorrow and when I was in high school we started about this time as well.

Back