Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woohoo...he LOVES his mattress. I got it out of my car and as far as the living room to wait for mr snick. Minisnick was going up to the mattress and petting it saying my bed, my bed. When he saw it all decked out in the dino bedding he jumped under covers for a test drive. Bed time was super easy too, out of the blue he just got up and went to his room and layed down...we didn't even have to tell him it was bedtime.

The bedframe thing arrived at the store yesterday but their wednesday schedule was already full so he will have to wait until next wed for the rest of the big boy bed!!!!

That's great Snick!!

Mini-kevo had to get some more shots yesterday. Not a happy camper but she slept really good last night.

^^ Yeah, they were also out of TDAP so she needed 4 shots instead of the normal 3.

No bueno! We usually gave miniBuff 1 Tylenol either right before or right after the shot visit. She would zonk out after the initial crying/screaming/gnashing of teeth fit.

got part of minisnicks bday present out of the way...the circus is coming to STL the week of his bday in Oct....so we bought tickets. he gets so many toys and such from the grandparents that we try to do experience type things with him. last year we went to see a sesame st traveling show in STL.

phase 3 of big boy bed transition went very well. The bed frame/dresser combo was delivered on wednesday. Huge success...minisnick climbs up/downt he stairs for almost 30 minutes every afternoon since. He also stays in the bed overnight...which was my bigger concern about the bed because he was moving to the floor almost everynight with his toddler bed.

Oh we might also have found the key for minisnick's potty training. Daycare said yesterday that minisnick was carrying around and telling everyone about his potty treat, a jelly bean, for pooping in the potty, for 3 hrs!!!! When I dropped him off this morning I found out this was two days in a row that he has been parading a jelly bean around. Jelly beans have been added to the shopping list for this weekend.

As long as he isn't parading around with his tootsie roll for 3 hours...

Congrats on the little one taking the next step though!!

My sister was using Reese's and my nephew wasn't even 2 yet. I commented with sarcastic inflection "It's like training a dog..." and it didn't go over well.

My sister was using Reese's and my nephew wasn't even 2 yet. I commented with sarcastic inflection "It's like training a dog..." and it didn't go over well.
doesn't surprise me your comment wasn't well received, but that's exactly what it is.

too funny...I only got about half of basket of laundry put away before dinner last night. When I went back to finish a while later after dinner, minisnick had already put 90% of it away...in the correct drawers too.

Minisnick had a good potty day yesterday. They said he stayed dry until about 3pm...which about the time the school age kids start coming back after school so likely got distracted. At home was 50/50 for making it to the potty in time.

all because of jelly beans...who would have thunk it.

if you ever find yourself in doubt about what to get an almost 3 year or within a few yrs of that...the game ants in your pants. I got it awhile back at a super sale and we busted it out this weekend...minisnick really hasn't wanted to do anything else since then.

I used to play that game religiously with my ex wife into my 30s. And she took it in the fucking divorce, that shit was epic.

Another awesome, and similarly named game is called Hands in the Pants, which I haven't played much in my 30s.

if you ask minisnick what sound monkeys make he says ew ew ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang ( the walla part on is a little mumbled but you get the picture)

Back