Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I don't post much anymore but I had to chime in on this thread. As you may or may not know, this is the week of the Backyard Brawl. WVU vs. Pitt. My wife has spent all week teaching my son to say "Eat Poop Pitt". Along the lines of the "Eat Sh1t Pitt" chant that students tend to use at sporting events. BTW, if you don't know, WVU's mascot is the Mountaineer. See attached Halloween getup.

I can't believe how fast he's growing up...

How are you liking that new job?

Not to bad at all. I like it more every day. Believe it or not.
No one here in the office today... bare bones... I'm the only one in design... no inspectors... kinda nice

Mini-OSU is getting ready for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving.JPG

Minisnicks LOVES black olives, but over thanksgiving my mom insisted he try green olives to be fair ...he took a couple chews then spit that nasty green olive out.

Good boy!!!!

So, I'm putting up our Christmas lights last night, and miniBuff is "helping." We have an inflatable snowman and polar bear. When they are blown up, mini-Buff loses all control of herself, and runs full speed at the polar bear to give hima a hug, but ends up tackling him. I wanted to laugh so badly, but had to be the reposible parent and say that we don't do that, we might break polar bear. Being responsible sucks.

^There are so many times that I have to fight back laughter with mini-ble. He's starting to notice it too because he will see how my wife and I look at each other when he does something and then he'll start laughing. I've got to learn to be more subtle.

^There are so many times that I have to fight back laughter with mini-ble. He's starting to notice it too because he will see how my wife and I look at each other when he does something and then he'll start laughing. I've got to learn to be more subtle.
When I relayed the story to my wife over the phone (she was at the store), she started cracking up.

So, I'm putting up our Christmas lights last night, and miniBuff is "helping." We have an inflatable snowman and polar bear. When they are blown up, mini-Buff loses all control of herself, and runs full speed at the polar bear to give hima a hug, but ends up tackling him. I wanted to laugh so badly, but had to be the reposible parent and say that we don't do that, we might break polar bear. Being responsible sucks.
Nice! Tell her that we only do that when these things are in other people yards.

Nice! Tell her that we only do that when these things are in other people yards.
LOL...I'll have to remember that.

need to video her doing it and send it in to Americas funnitest videos.

at least she is just hugging the thing. minisnick would probably try punching and kicking. He has an inflatable penguin with a weighted bottom that plays music when you knock it over, so I can only imagine he would think it was the same type of thing if he saw your polar bear/snow man

mini snick has started stuffing his cheeks with food like a chipmunk. I wonder if he is feeling rushed at daycare and if he doesn't eat as quickly as the older kids his food disappears. I'm surprised he hasn't choked yet.

Mini-OSU has her first two teeth... they start cutting in about Thanksgiving... which abruptly ended the thumb sucking for soothing... her new wakeup time is roughly 5am (bedtime being around 7:30).... no real complaints except on the weekends

She is starting to laugh more and smile more.... always fun

Laughing.JPG

xmas_smile.JPG

Mini snick has that same chair. He loves it with the toys and without. He plays with the toy tray on the floor now though instead of attached to the chair. Very functional that it will convert to a booster seat for the kitchen table when he is older. One of the main reasons we got that chair instead of bumbo

love the santa dress/tutu outfit

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini snick has that same chair. He loves it with the toys and without. He plays with the toy tray on the floor now though instead of attached to the chair. Very functional that it will convert to a booster seat for the kitchen table when he is older. One of the main reasons we got that chair instead of bumbo
love the santa dress/tutu outfit

That's one of the reasons we bought that chair (many purposes).... That, and we thought her chubby thighs would been "trapped" in the Bumbo/BeBe Pod chairs... So far she's only seen the ring on the floor during tummy-time... She can keep her head up for awhile staring at the spinning mirror/etc... right now, we shove the seat up against the couch because she can keep her from going forward and side to side, but she doesn't quite have the backwards support yet.... but she does love sitting in it

On Sunday, we had our family picture taken. We do this every year around Christmas. The photographer we use is a computer client of my wife and FIL's, so they usually do a barter for the photo and computer work. Well, the photog is also the photog for a local paper here, and she took some shots of mini-Buff pulling a sled full of present (empty, wrapped boxes), and she made the front page! Picture edited and cropped to protect the innocent.

Minisnick and I did walking laps around the kitchen and living room last night with him only holding one of my fingers. He was so proud of himself and so excited. I then tried to switch sides so now only holding with his left hand and he refused and sat down. Silly boy.

This mental block he has going on with walking is a hard nut to crack.

up and down stairs Check

climbing onto tables at daycare check

climbing onto laundry baskets and anything else in his way (he keeps trying to climb the toliet too) check

walking without holding on....not a chance

Had a party for mini-bigray2 and mini-bigray3 yesterday... hard to believe that the twins are three!

Had a party for mini-bigray2 and mini-bigray3 yesterday... hard to believe that the twins are three!
Happy birthday to the Bigray twins!!! Definitely hasn't seemed like 3 yrs
Thanks... and tell me about it!!! I also can't fathom that mini-bigray1 will be 6yo in April.

The twins were conceived right before I took the PE Exam... no wonder they seem so edgy and anxious (just kidding).

Well, today's the day we learn if our baby is a boy or a girl.

Anyone care to place bets? My wife is betting that it will be a boy.

what are the odds nowadays? how many boys are born each year vs how many girls? (yes, I know the census just came out, but I'm too lazy today to sort it out)

gut feeling is a boy, just because your wife thinks it's a boy...

Back