Kaplan's Civil Engineering PE Sample Exam (2nd Ed.)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

get_'er_done

Reaction score
Yesterday I took the kaplan sample exam (breadth a.m. and water/enviro afternoon p.m.). Been reviewing my answers today and I'm having some issues with the answers/solutions provided in the back of the book. I've noticed that a few of the answers do not match the provided solutions and lead me to believe they may be wrong (at least my I believe they are, and my study partner has concurred). I can post the specifics for others to review.

I've reviewed the errata sheet provided by the Kaplan website, however it seems to only include corrections for the construction p.m. section.

Has anyone else out there experienced similar issues with the Kaplan sample exam????

I've reviewed similar comments on the Electrical P.E. forum, where members have expressed some serious issues with the Kaplan Electrical sample exam ([post=0[URL="%5Dhttp%3A//engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=13753&pid=6833748&st=0"]]http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=13753&pid=6833748&st=0entry6833748[/URL]).

This is pretty frustrating/disturbing... Any thoughts?

I've been doing a PE review course instructed by local consultants. Kaplan is the study material provided and it is TERRIBLE. I'm not even taking it into the exam. There are many, many (many) unreported errors, and it doesn't track units through the solutions.

I would advise anyone to rely on Kaplan as little as possible. Fortunately I've borrowed a coworker's CERM and will be using that. I just don't trust the Kaplan book. At all. If you're having trouble with the solutions, I would say you're probably right and the book is probably wrong.

agreed. i'm pretty disappointed with the solutions in the practice exam. no units, minimal explanation on where they came up with assumed constants, etc. wouldn't recommend to others (unless there is a quality errata out there to provide clarification). the lindeburg sample exam provides much better solutions. just my $0.02.

Back