Kaplan book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsli001

Reaction score
Hi guys:

what do you guys think about Kaplan book. I think the transportation is better CERM transporation section. make a lot sense. whats is your take on that?

good luck to everybody

Hi guys:
what do you guys think about Kaplan book. I think the transportation is better CERM transporation section. make a lot sense. whats is your take on that?

good luck to everybody
I don't know anything about KAPLAN - I do know about 20 + people and they all used CERM and passed. I never considered KAPLAN because I just took advice from everyone who took it before me. They were all 1st time passers too.

I am talking about the example book they have, I think is not bad just for doing exerices on it.

tsli001

I worked all the problems in the Kaplan book and found it helpful. It's always good to see a different set of problems. I would say it is somewhere between the NCEES Examples and the 6 Minute Solutions in difficulty.

Kaplan was my favorite for learning a topic I didn't know.

CERM was best for a quick reference.

Beware, Kaplan problems often had errors - maybe 7-10% had a problem and they weren't all listed in the errata. It's just another test of how well you know the material.

6 minute problems were my favorite problems.

Back