Just passed the new CBT FE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have my respect ...perseverance! ...good luck to your PE, hopefully you have your experience already be ready by April 15....I took my EIT back in '12...waiting for my PE results..

I just passed the CBT. I agree with this thread, the time thing is a little tricky. all you have to do it practice time management skills and you'll be okay. You need to gage how much time you are spending on each problem. I'm glad I got this over with, I didn't care too much for the CBT. My dry marker was low on ink and had to get another one half way through the test. Pain! Good luck everyone. !

Yes! but on a positive note, the fumes give you a nice high during the exam.... I needed it!

i wonder if they would grant special accomadations for that...sorry i need pencil and scratch paper, dry erase markers trigger migraines

You have my respect ...perseverance! ...good luck to your PE, hopefully you have your experience already be ready by April 15....I took my EIT back in '12...waiting for my PE results..
Thank you so much for your sincere wishes.

Hopefully you will pass the PE Exam and get over with it for good... I'm sure you can. :)

All the Best.

Congratulations!

thanks for your great information.
Thank you and You're most welcome.

I encourage everyone to ask more questions and participate, I tried to post my expereince through this thread to the best of my memory and I may have missed some details. Therefore, it's always good to have more people involving in discusstion and what not, just to gain more confidence when taking the exam and hopefuly pass on their frist attempt.

Much Appreciated and Good Luck

i wonder if they would grant special accomadations for that...sorry i need pencil and scratch paper, dry erase markers trigger migraines
[SIZE=12pt]Good point guys! This can definetly affect your performance and exam results. It could be good, bad or no effect at all. I think it differs from one person to another and how strong the dry eraser marker fumes are.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Honestly I never thought of that before!! But speaking of myself... I didn't have any trouble using the dry eraser marker when I took the exam. Usually I'm sensitive to smells and fumes, but that day I didn't encounter any bad experience with using the marker that was given to me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hopefully they will pay attention to these little details in order to make the exam experience more comfortable to the exam takers.[/SIZE]

ABEngineer,

I commend you for not losing your cool when the "old head" tried to discredit what you were saying or trying to add their 2 pennies when they really don't know anything about this new version of the exam other that what they read online. I'll speak on behalf of the old heads......we all took the eit and pe years back so they are just trying to give you advice based on their experiences but like I said, unless you've been in the room then you truly don't know. NCEES can only "TRY" to standardize the exam but ultimately the vendor will use whatever resources it has available to comply. The same thing occurred when I talked to folks across the county who've taken the pmp exam. Each site is different so our exam experiences was different but the exam itself is the same. So for all the other aspiring eit 's reading this thread, don't let the old heads boss you around. But at the same time, we do have great advice for you all.

I'm not on the site very much and when I am, it's never on the eit thread. However, I was interested in knowing how the new CBT exam was going by folks who actually took the exam and not accepting what I read on NCEES' website.

ABEngineer,

I commend you for not losing your cool when the "old head" tried to discredit what you were saying or trying to add their 2 pennies when they really don't know anything about this new version of the exam other that what they read online. I'll speak on behalf of the old heads......we all took the eit and pe years back so they are just trying to give you advice based on their experiences but like I said, unless you've been in the room then you truly don't know. NCEES can only "TRY" to standardize the exam but ultimately the vendor will use whatever resources it has available to comply. The same thing occurred when I talked to folks across the county who've taken the pmp exam. Each site is different so our exam experiences was different but the exam itself is the same. So for all the other aspiring eit 's reading this thread, don't let the old heads boss you around. But at the same time, we do have great advice for you all.

I'm not on the site very much and when I am, it's never on the eit thread. However, I was interested in knowing how the new CBT exam was going by folks who actually took the exam and not accepting what I read on NCEES' website.
Thank you bhook20 for your support and I admire your open minded mentality.

I sure did put allot of hard work and invested allot of time over 2 year period and spent a couple thousand of dollars worth of courses in order to pass this FE Exam. It was really worth it and at the end all of this will be forgotten and only one thing will become a reality. ..The fact that you PASSED and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

That's why I don't want any of the FE exam takers to suffer the way I did by proving all the information that I have to help and support others to peruse their passion and to make their dreams come true throughout sharing a detailed insight of the new CBT Exam. I don't want anyone to lose hope and be sure that your efforts and sacrifices will not go waste for sure.

"There is always a brighter day after dark"

Thank you for stopping by bhook20 and really appreciate your inputs.

Cheers

Back