Job seekers asked for Facebook passwords

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CALHOUN FALLS, SC (WYFF) - A Calhoun Falls police officer has been suspended for calling a city leader "a coward."

The suspended officer's name is not being released, but the councilman who was allegedly the brunt of the name calling talked to WYFF about what happened. Councilman Charlie Tillman, 56, says earlier this month he met with the mayor and chief of police to adopt a Facebook policy for town employees.

Tillman says he moved to the policy after an officer posted the picture of a bumper sticker on the officer's personal Facebook page which read "Hate the cops? Next time you're in trouble call a crack head."

Tillman says he took the posting personally.

"I had drug problems in the past. I no longer use drugs. So I cleaned my life up. I deserve a second chance just like everybody else."

The police chief and mayor say they are unable to comment on the matter or release the officer's name because it is a personnel matter.

Tillman says when he refused to speak to the officer at town hall that's when he said the name calling began.

"I'm a city councilman. I'm an elected official. He called me 'coward' in front of the mayor, in front of the chief of police, the town clerk and town clerk treasurer," Tillman.

WYFF was told that the officer was suspended for two weeks without pay.

"It was aggressive in nature. It was disrespectful and very distasteful towards a public official," said Tillman.
http://www.wistv.com...or-name-calling

LOL..truth hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard on the Atlanta news that one of the counties was going to do thie same thing, for police and firemen positions. I don't think it was asking for passwords but they wanted to "check" the Facebook pages of new employees as part of the hiring process...

It's sad that no one cares about small town local elections (city/county) because these are the morons (locally elected numb nuts) that dream this **** up and it rarely gets any press until it's already a local law...

I had a cousin applying to be a firefighter who was probably not hired for other reasons, but she always had the late night drunken party pics on her Facebook page every morning..I tried to tell her you may want to tone that stuff down while your applying for that kind of job...

Back