It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our office move is the 19th.  After that, nothing but Keurig coffee from there on out.  No coffee places within walking distance, and they are only providing Keurig machines, but not the K cups, or coffee creamer.

tumblr_mqoi32C6c31rieqqeo1_500.jpg

the one positive is at least with the keurig you can bring coffee that you like and not whatever shit they normally make.

I've been trying to get one added at work here and it got  axed since the K-Cups "generate too much waste"?  Fucking Hippies... Now the engineer I's have to keep going out to get my coffee, its a very unproductive use of their time~

I've been trying to get one added at work here and it got  axed since the K-Cups "generate too much waste"?  Fucking Hippies... Now the engineer I's have to keep going out to get my coffee, its a very unproductive use of their time~
don't they have reuseable kcup device things.  
Yes. We have a Keurig and you can find the re-usable cartridges that fit. It actually works out better because you can control how strong or weak you'd like the coffee. And it's way cheaper than the K-Cups.

this is what happens when they let secretaries "run" the "operations"

I wouldn't drink "K cups" every day, and I sure as shit wouldn't use re-useable ones, but it would be nice to get a decent hot cup of coffee without having to leave the building.

I actually bought one (& expensed it) for the field office, and when that job is over it will be coming back with me to "my office" or the house, whichever ;)

I almost never drink the office swill anyways, but I do steal the coffee creamer.  I usually walk across the street for coffee from Caribou or Brueggers.

I may be able to fudge the reusable K-Cups, but I'm not sure if they'll be using one of the industrial-sized Keurigs that automatically ejects the K-Cup into the trash bin.

this is what happens when they let secretaries "run" the "operations"

I wouldn't drink "K cups" every day, and I sure as shit wouldn't use re-useable ones, but it would be nice to get a decent hot cup of coffee without having to leave the building.

I actually bought one (& expensed it) for the field office, and when that job is over it will be coming back with me to "my office" or the house, whichever ;)
We'll have a cafeteria, but don't know if they intend to serve coffee.  Every one of us would bring in a personal coffee pot, but anything with a heating element or otherwise considered an "appliance" (e.g. mini-fridges) is against the company safety policy.  We're not even allowed to use standard coffee mugs - all mugs must have a lid on them.

We'll have a cafeteria, but don't know if they intend to serve coffee.  Every one of us would bring in a personal coffee pot, but anything with a heating element or otherwise considered an "appliance" (e.g. mini-fridges) is against the company safety policy.  We're not even allowed to use standard coffee mugs - all mugs must have a lid on them.
Yeah, no, but what?

Our office move is the 19th.  After that, nothing but Keurig coffee from there on out.  No coffee places within walking distance, and they are only providing Keurig machines, but not the K cups, or coffee creamer.
The coffee at my office is terrible. You can buy decent stuff in the cafeteria, but it's $$$.  So being a cheap engineer, I just bring my own from home in a thermos.

My wife did buy a Keurig the other day, but she found a coupon for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I spend most of my time in the utility's office and they don't have coffee for their employees. There are several people that have their own Keurigs or coffee makers, but I just bring my coffee in from home.

Supe, are you moving down south?

I pretty much always bring coffee from home because it's cheaper. But I do frequent the local places nearby when a day is really rough. I think I've drank office coffee twice since I started here 5 years ago. Can't trust that stuff.

Same here. I have been driving around for 4 hours looking at empty job sites. All the contractors called it a rain day due to the hurricane...I believe we have gotten less than half an inch of rain the past two days!

Back