ILLINOIS - Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fudge,

Man, I didn't even know what to write.

I feel bad for you doesn't really cover it, but it will have to do for now.

Keep on :study

Sorry Fudgey

Just don't give up my friend....

The same goes to jd... I know is hard to take but once you get the thin letter you will not remember the thick one.

Fudgey - I don't know what to say. On the one hand, I feel seriously bummed for you.

On the other hand, it's kind of exciting to see some indication that you are in fact a real person. I'll be rooting for you in April!

^ I haven't got my diagnostic sheet yet. I am curious to see where I screwed up.

I don't know if I want to put myself through this again in April if I did real bad.

Fudgepump ... I just seen a guy at my job name on the list with a issue date of 1/2/07. So we may not be dead ... I ain't checkin no more just waiting for the letter.

Fudge, not that it helps, but a friend of mine took the FE four times before he passed. And another is working on the third try at the PE. Stick with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still not on the list, I definitely flunked it. :(

And to make matters worse I left my lunch at home today.

Congratulations MattC!!!! Way to go!!!

:claps: :claps: :claps: :claps: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Well, it's official. I blew it. This came today. I thought I at least did a little better than this. This sucks, I'm not even close. I'm really thinking about forgetting about all this for a bit, laying low on the posting and worrying about the PE, skipping April and going for next October. :(

FudgeResults.jpg

Well, it's official. I blew it. This came today. I thought I at least did a little better than this. This sucks, I'm not even close. I'm really thinking about forgetting about all this for a bit, laying low on the posting and worrying about the PE, skipping April and going for next October. :(
Fudgey --

Hang in there man! I am sorry to hear you didn't knock it out of the park.

Even though it is tough to do, I would not look at the quantity (numerical representation) of your diagnostic report as the sole indicator of how well you did. The quality shows that you hit marks in all of the areas, which is really good. If anything, you were just under-prepared for the exam. Many people enter this exam underprepared because we simply don't routinely 'work' with all those different aspects of civil engineering.

I think you have the right idea - take some time off and approach it when you are ready to jump in again. There are plenty of people here pulling for ya ... :+1: :true:

In the meantime, I would go out to eat for a good lunch tomorrow - treat yourself. You not only deserve it, but it may even help to clear the mind and move forward. I for one plan to have a roast beef sandwich tomorrow in your honor. :bow: :bow: I'll just have to figure out if it will be top or bottom round :rotfl: :rotfl:

Regards,

JR

I'm really thinking about forgetting about all this for a bit, laying low on the posting
Whatever you do, please don't lay low on the posting! I've enjoyed all of them, and have even considered starting a few topics solely on the basis of the response I figured you'd post.

Besides, I figure hanging around on this board would be excellent motivation to keep trying. Believe me, it's all to easy to put this stuff aside after a failure or denial letter, and just not get around to it again for 5 years ... It happened to me... (I was denied to even take the test back in 2001 - so at least you've already passed that hurdle)

actually, that is a great point. just getting your application and refrences and transcripts in is a huge hurdle. there is lots of great support on this board, just keep plugging away and you will get there!

Back